Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I mount cameras to my Movi by top and bottom you may see here with my FS7 http://framedogs.com/wp-content/uplo...00_SMM8843.jpg with arca plates both ways. The top arca plate is waiting to recieve the Movi or a regular handle for conventional shooting.

This is somewhat inspired by the Arri Amera which has a dovetail cast into the bottom - lovely.

Of course you will be able to buy/make a cage.. but you can do that for the A7s.. Sony adding holes and failing to acheive anything is what Im laughing at (well its not so funny if you care about mass/cost/time fiddling/it fitting on a new drone without a major rebuild)

Not only would I want this camera to work on my Movi but on occasions on my new Digital 4d 4k Tripod. (https://www.instagram.com/p/B8kZdBgA..._web_copy_link)

Edit that top pic also shows the lack of space on a Movi and why Im so p_ssd off with the FX6 for no 3.5 jack. In this sort of build the handles are massive and clearly a no go.
    Last edited by morgan_moore; 03-01-2021 at 12:13 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Of course you will be able to buy/make a cage.. but you can do that for the A7s..
    Don't you still run the risk of the a7s spinning inside the cage itself since it's only mounted to the cage at one point? Unless there's a cage that also clamps onto hot shoe?

3. Collapse Details
    I dont know the specifics of A7s3 cages.

My nikon Z small rig cage has an M2.5 bolt that attaches to the camera strap loop. Its a cludge but works.

Also nkons tend to have various indents in the bottom to locate the battery extender things.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    My nikon Z small rig cage has an M2.5 bolt that attaches to the camera strap loop. Its a cludge but works.
    Shame on my ignorance. Smallrig has the same m2.5 bolt on the a7siii cage and I just bought one. Doubles as a sleek L bracket for all the annoying vertical shooting I have to do on ronin. I doubt I'll ever remove the cage once it's bolted on

5. Collapse Details
    Yep the cage wont come off.. unless in the FX3 case you are putting it on some drone/gimbal from sony that is a direct fit to the camera holes.

To me that would almost slow stuff down to the extent of needing two cameras.

6. Collapse Details
    To me that would almost slow stuff down to the extent of needing two cameras.
    That wouldn't be the end of the world with cameras this cheap. You could have 2 FX3's and an FX6 (or FX9) rigged for drone, gimbal, and HH/tripod at the ready. Or 3 matching cameras for an interview.

Not totally necessary for my use cases to have exact matching cameras, but nevertheless ideal.

The only thing you're missing is 4K S35 crop, which will probably drive users to upgrade to the FX3mk2 and makes me more likely to buy an a7iv or a6xxx instead.

One other thing about fx3 lacking evf - my a7siii evf is color-accurate but the rear screen is not (how annoying). IIRC, the rear screen is too warm and green. I wonder if the fx3 screen is the same way, not that everyone wants to judge color by eye. But I check my evf for color evaluation

7. Collapse Details
    “ One other thing about fx3 lacking evf “

I have never used the evf of my a7sii. I have literally never looked in the evf.

As to my prediction about the popularity of the FX3, you all here have caused me to re-think that. I was not aware that the a7siii had all but cured the run-time issue.

I still can see something as shallow as the FX3 being labeled a “cinema” camera resulting it some requesting it over other Sony mirrorless cameras.
    Big sources matter.

8. Collapse Details
    I still think this is a very niche camera but that's what they intend that it's features are such that it doesn't compete with the FX6 or A7S3. The strategy must be to squeeze out as many higher end sales by repurposing the same tech for as many form factors as possible.

9. Collapse Details
    This is an interesting comparison video of the FX3, FX6 & FX9 side by side. Unless there was something set differently, the FX3 appears to be "sharper" than the FX6 & FX9 and displays more saturation. I would have expected the FX3 and FX6 to be closer, the FX9 is a different sensor, so that should be expected. However, he was able to somewhat easily match them in post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVK...ture=emb_title

10. Collapse Details
    I didn't watch the video, but these kind of comparisons always appear.

Whether they are true or business as usual for subs I do not know, but newer cameras being sharper or having better colors than their predecessors (no matter the family model or price) is becoming more and more common.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast