Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well - with my Movi gimbal Ive shot some 'cinema jobs' - not the DP but car rigging, rickshaw and jib. This is the stuff I love beyond the more corporate that keeps me alive. Yep low budget cinema.. but properly paid jobs that will be on the big streaming channels or in a small cinema release.

Either my FS7 or the productions Alexa mini or BM camera.. or Pocket

Ive been eyeing a C200 to replace my FS7, because I think the raw is good enough.. well if you want better hire a your camera, but these little cameras and thier size/mass a very on my radar.. I take them seriously both image and specifically AF performance as being able to play on any pitch.

Which is actually flattering to Sony that I appear to bash.

I bash them because they have this amazing tech and then no 5mm notch in the bottom to hold them stable to a tripod plate like the sony ex1, or $500 handycam.

On the gimbal I use a FIZ motor and can guarentee a spin on a single mount camera. Guarentee it.

One can actually buy alexa classics for the same money as a little Sony now.. but that and the Mini hold no interest to me - too big, no AF. I just bought an arri plate though so I can rig the one belonging to the production.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post

It isn’t marketing as silly as calling a tripod “HD”, imo.
    One of my tripods is a Sachtler ‘Speed lock CF HD’. HD is short for ‘Heavy Duty’(they are much larger, more robust and have a much higher payload[200+lbs] than my regular non-HD versions), not an implication that they are somehow ‘High-Def’.

Second line in Sachtlers description material:
    The Sachtler SpeedLock Heavy-Duty Carbon Fibre Tripod

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    One of my tripods is a Sachtler ‘Speed lock CF HD’. HD is short for ‘Heavy Duty’(they are much larger, more robust and have a much higher payload[200+lbs] than my regular non-HD versions), not an implication that they are somehow ‘High-Def’.

Second line in Sachtlers description material:
    Fair enough. And stupid me for not realizing it stood for “heavy duty” in some uses.

But how about this?:

“ BARSKA AF12440 Digital Tripod”

What is “digital” about it?
    Big sources matter.

4. Collapse Details
    Fair enough. And stupid me for not realizing it stood for “heavy duty” in some uses.

But how about this?:

Maybe because you can buy it digitally (on-line)? Lol...

Yeah, that one is just silly, because there appears to be no electronics, sensors or anything else “digital” integrated into it.

But along the same lines as HD and “digital” tripods, I remember when, maybe Sachtler or someone else came out with a DV line when small, lightweight ‘digital video’ camcorders started hitting the market. I always interpreted that as the heads/legs were not high-payload models and designed/intended for the small, lightweight ‘DV’ cameras. And by extension, if I heard/saw ‘digital’ attached to most tripods, I would probably interpret it the same way and presume they are designed for very light-weight payloads, like cellphones and maybe small mirrorless or dslr cameras.

So, I can see where some may think that some manufacturers(and some may have purposefully tried) were trying to tie in and associate the products with high-def equipment/cameras, when high-def(HD) was new and considered ultra high-end.

5. Collapse Details

But how about this?:

Product of the Chinese to English Brand and Term random word generator app?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I just bought a 4K tripod and my footage is so much sharper now
    My main head these days IS the 20 year old Sachtler DV6 SB. It totally doesn't work with my modern cameras so I've been forced to break out the DVX100B lately.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    We’re supposed to get back to the FX3.

So, verdict? Show of hands if you would considering purchasing it.

I would.

I see the FX3 becoming requested where the a7sii once was. An a7sii that doesn’t shut down on you and bone your production.
    Big sources matter.

8. Collapse Details
    I see the FX3 becoming requested where the a7sii once was. An a7sii that doesn’t shut down on you and bone your production.
    Could be. I mean, the A7SIII is pretty good thermally and has only given me a temperature warning once (when I ran a smartphone wifi monitor from it for a few hours straight). But certainly, if the PERCEPTION is that the fx3 is more reliable than the a7siii, it's easy to see it displacing it.

But a good number of a7siii use cases are probably indifferent because they were willing to use a mirrorless camera in the first place (weddings, for example). But I think you mean for drone/gimbal on TV production, and I can believe that.

Personally, I'll hold on to the a7siii because it has an EVF and the fx3 didn't get ND. Overheating has not been a problem for me.

9. Collapse Details
    I personally won’t be getting one. I absolutely love my A7SIII and there’s no way I’d give up the viewfinder on it for a mirrorless camera without it. Honestly I don’t think the fan is going to make that much of a difference as I’ve really put my A7SIII through it’s paces without any overheating issues and overheating issues with it in general aren’t common across the board.

As such I believe the only real draw to this camera is the body that has 1/4 20” holes and the fact that it comes with a handle that has audio inputs on it. But those aren’t enough for me to give up an EVF. Plus, I actually really like the button layout and body of the A7SIII. It just feels right and can be operated so dang fast.

So to me, the A7SIII remains the ultimate B-cam to my FX6 and will not be getting replaced by the FX3.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    On the gimbal I use a FIZ motor and can guarentee a spin on a single mount camera. Guarentee it.
    Right, but since you'll be mounting the camera to the MOVI by the top, you could avail yourself of the multiple mounting points on top, no?

And as far as mounting from the bottom goes, surely you can buy a cage with multiple mounting points on bottom that will securely attach to the bottom hole of the camera as well as one or more holes on top to provide a spin-free experience, no? Heck, you're probably handy enough to machine one yourself

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast