Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Multiple SD Card Reader? Anybody have Suggestions?
    Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has found a card reader that has multiple SD card slots and is not too expensive? Searching comes up with a lot of "multi-readers" but I am looking for a reader that has two, three, four etc... SD card slots. I do not need all of the ther varieties.

When I come home from multi-camera video shoots, I have a ton of SD cards to capture.

I found a Star-tech 6 card reader that gets poor reviews and costs $134!!!

Thanks for your input!

2. Collapse Details
    I have the Angelbird dual card reader for SD. It’s pretty good.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks. It looks like two card slots is the most available design. I could get two or three and do some damage Found one Amazon for $15 that has two slots - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

4. Collapse Details
    I have a couple of these small portable sd card readers https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rd_reader.html you could get as many of them as you have usb slots.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes, I already have some single SD card readers and one is kind of giving me issues. So to try and save USB ports and time, I thought it would be best to find readers that offer more cards per USB.

6. Collapse Details
    I’ve started avoiding cheap card readers. The Angelbird isn’t cheap cheap, but it’s not super expensive either.

The other nice thing about the Angelbird readers is they stack nicely and you can wrap a Velcro tie around them to make them one unit. So, if you want four slots, just stack two of them.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

7. Collapse Details
    IMHO it’d be of limited use, maybe when dumping two cards via finder overnight, or checking contents of a card while another is backup up. YMMV.

My backup routine involves CCC doing a checksum, and since it can only run a single volume backup at a time I’ve rarely had need to insert two cards.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

8. Collapse Details
    I use Hedge. It’s fantastic and dumps as many cards to as many destinations as you want. So, I can bring two CFExpress cards and two SD cards in and it’ll copy it to my tape holding drive, working drive, and my NAS archive all with one click. Hedge also checksums the copy.

I have dual card readers for both of my card types (SD and CFExpress) and I’d never go back to dumping one at a time.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

9. Collapse Details
    I've never had a problem with Transcend card readers even though they're inexpensive. I find USB3 so fast I can copy off 128gb card in around 15 minutes. By the time I've put away my gear the first card is copied it's on to the next. I find I have plenty to keep me busy while copying.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    I use Hedge. It’s fantastic and dumps as many cards to as many destinations as you want. So, I can bring two CFExpress cards and two SD cards in and it’ll copy it to my tape holding drive, working drive, and my NAS archive all with one click. Hedge also checksums the copy.

I have dual card readers for both of my card types (SD and CFExpress) and I’d never go back to dumping one at a time.
    Ok I stand corrected. Sounds useful
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast