Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New Sony Alpha Camera | January 26th

2. Collapse Details
    Some predict the A9iii with 8K. I wouldn't be interested in a mirrorless camera at that price though unless I actually needed 8K

3. Collapse Details
    It may be a new A74.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Some predict the A9iii with 8K. I wouldn't be interested in a mirrorless camera at that price though unless I actually needed 8K
    Even though I and many others, as well, don't consider it on the same level, the A9 series is kind of Sony's version of/attempt at the Canon 1D series, which is aimed at serious photojournalism and sports. And that intended market is is used to paying upwards of $5K-$6K+ for a single stills camera body.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Even though I and many others, as well, don't consider it on the same level, the A9 series is kind of Sony's version of/attempt at the Canon 1D series, which is aimed at serious photojournalism and sports. And that intended market is is used to paying upwards of $5K-$6K+ for a single stills camera body.
    Oh absolutely, and for that kind of stills performance it makes sense. But unless I really need 8K, I'd rather direct the cash to an FX6 which would probably serve me much better. Or simply an a7iv (unless they leave that one with 10-bit over HDMI only as a rumor suggested...)

Of course, maybe the a9iii will have superior color, dynamic range, and autofocus to fx6/a7s3. That could make it interesting. But still probably not a camera for me.

Stills shooters, have at it!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
    It may be a new A74.
    That would not be the "never before seen"!

(I, II and III were seen already. So was 7c)

Sony own hype aside, this looks to be something fairly up market.

7. Collapse Details
    Sony Alpha Rumors posted an unknown source rumor that it'll do 14 fps. If it's indeed a 50 MPX sensor, that's 700 MPX per second or ~ 30 fps at 8K.

And the next question is buffer. R5 can record until it "overheats". It's hard to think that a camera in the $5,000 range will only work in spurts.

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Wild. A studio and sports camera all in one.

10. Collapse Details
    It also has 16-bit RAW Output from the full-size HDMI:

"The α1 allows 16-bit RAW output to an external recorder via HDMI for maximum post-production flexibility. Full-frame 4332 x 2448 16-bit image output easily covers 4096 x 2048 DCI-4K, with a choice of frame rates and color spaces. It is also possible to output RAW via HDMI while recording XAVC HS 4K, XAVC S 4K, or XAVC S-I 4K to internal card media. Proxy recording is also available."

And includes S-Cinetone:

"The α1 includes S-Cinetone, the same color matrix that produces the highly regarded FX9 and FX6 color and skin tones. Based on technology acquired through development of Cinema Line cameras such as VENICE, S-Cinetone delivers natural mid-tones that are essential to healthy-looking skin color, plus soft colors and gorgeous highlights. S-Cinetone responds to a growing need for more expressive depth."

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast