Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    These should be big enough for the FS7 if it's not too heavily rigged out:

https://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Big-Ba.../dp/B00J5IM64Q

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Smith View Post
    These should be big enough for the FS7 if it's not too heavily rigged out:

https://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Big-Ba.../dp/B00J5IM64Q
    These look comically large but I think you're right—they should be perfect! Also my usual setup is an Fs5 (FX6 once they start shipping) so this size should be more than adequate. Thank you!

3. Collapse Details
    Better a little too big than too small! I use a lot of them in both the XL and XXL sizes for stuff around the house as well as for storing some of my lesser used video gear so it doesn't get dusty sitting on a shelf.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Smith View Post
    ... Brings back memories of an "outdoors" series I used to shoot for local cable. Among other rigors, I spent two days on a frozen lake one February shooting an episode about ice fishing. That was 39 years ago and my feet are still cold.
    There was a WWII German Field Marshall (Generalfeldmarschall) Ferdinand Schörner, who at one point commanded Army Group North (Heeresgruppe Nord) that was fighting defensive battles around Leningrad (now, Sankt Peterburg). The weather there was brutal, often dropping to below 40C in the winter. Schörner's opinion on the topic, "Weather is a state of mind".

5. Collapse Details
    Edited!

Death is also a state of mind. Leningrad cost an estimated 100.000 German soldiers their lives. And a more than a million Sovjet civilians and soldiers were killed.
    Last edited by Publimix; 01-02-2021 at 02:28 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Death is also a state of mind. Leningrad cost 500.000 German lives. And a more than a million Sovjet civilians and soldiers were killed.
    You're thinking of Stalingrad.

Schörner made it to war's end and the American POW camps but was turned over to the Soviets. He then spent a decade in Soviet prisons, mostly in Moscow, until finally released along with the last wave of the German POW's in 1955. Once in West Germany, he was tried again for ordering executions of several German deserters in the waning days of the war and sent to jail again, this time in West Germany. He was released after serving five more years and died in 1973 as the last living WWII German Field Marshal.

7. Collapse Details
    Yes, I edited the post, the numbers are confusing.

But anyway, so many deaths. That is what happens when 'strong leaders' start to fight. They don't care about others. Nothing new and history repeats itself.

And while most of the soldiers were forced to fight the other side (or shot by their own SS soldiers or Bolshevik barrier troops) lots of people from Europe joined the German army to fight communism.

Sad times.
    Last edited by Publimix; 01-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    [QUOTE=Publimix;1986854765]Yes, I edited the post, the numbers are confusing.

But anyway, so many deaths. That is what happens when 'strong leaders' start to fight. They don't care about others. Nothing new and history repeats itself.

And while most of the soldiers were forced to fight the other side (or shot by their own SS soldiers or Bolshevik barrier troops) lots of people from Europe joined the German army to fight communism.

Really lots of people ? ... maybe they should have joined the other side to fight fascism ...

9. Collapse Details
    [QUOTE=Donny 123;1986854814]
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Really lots of people ? ... maybe they should have joined the other side to fight fascism ...
    Yes that would have shortened the war. Many did choose to fight fascism. But many countries had their fascist parties.

This is what a (US) politician said in 1966 about one of these movements: a fanatical neo-fascist political cult, driven by a strange mixture of corrosive hatred and sickening fear, who are recklessly determined to either control our party, or destroy it.

I am glad that will never happen again.... just history.

Back to the cold and the FS7!
    Last edited by Publimix; 01-03-2021 at 03:40 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    32°F is nothing for the FS7. Absolutely no need to take special precautions with the camera or batteries at that temperature apart from wiping it down when you return indoors.

Just make sure you are dressed for the environment and allow extra time to do everything. Dress in layers. And get fully dressed in the warm, including outer coat, boots and gloves as this will trap warm air.

If the temperature drops below what you're expecting you might get stiffness in your lenses and start to see some of your uninsulated cables freeze (like headphones). Also iphone screens and some lcds will start to struggle and may not work, but at 32F they should be fine.
    www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast