1. Collapse Details
    Does anyone have one of the new Lowel C-stands?
    Hi, all.

Iím typically wary of off-brand light stands (Iíve worked with some... typically hate them), but Iím having a very hard time finding Matthews C+ stands in stock, specifically with removable turtle base. They seem backordered everywhere.

Lowel recently entered the C-stand game, and those appear to be readily available. The specs, however, donít give one crucial detail for me: the diameter of the main riser section. Iím looking for a stand to use as an antenna mast on my sound cart, but the clamps can only handle a certain size. Avengers are too big. Not sure about Kupo, but I canít stand them. Any chance someone out there can make a quick measurement?
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

2. Collapse Details
    If all you need is the riser section, B&H does have those in-stock. $135.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ection_40.html

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    If all you need is the riser section, B&H does have those in-stock. $135.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ection_40.html
    Thanks. I looked at that one, but it’s chrome and I really would prefer it in black (which is backordered even with the riser section). And while I’d considered getting just a riser section, having the turtle base on hand makes sense in the event that I need to remote my antennae from the cart.

Just got confirmation that the Impact C-stand and Matthews C-stand can interchange turtle bases, so I believe I’ll order the Impact. Again, I’m not a huge fan of off-brand C-stands, but this isn’t going to be put through the rigors of G&E use. It’ll be clamped to my cart to hoist a pair of UHF paddles.

I’m also on a deadline to get this sorted out before I head out for two weeks, starting week after next.
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus