Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    And it seems like it's usually preceded by someone pointing it out or making a presumption on the comment. Not that they're usually really offended, but kind of like telling someone not to do something because they'll get in trouble, but saying the warning loud enough to draw the teachers attention, which then gets the person in trouble anyway.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Maybe it is time to move this site to the Free world where politics isn't an big issue and opinions can be exchanged without fighting a civil war. There are still a few countries left for that.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markoconnell View Post
    "Two posts have been deleted. Discuss anything you wish so long as we do not get into a political discussion."

Thanks so much David for determining that my thoughts were unacceptable. I should've realized I guess that film has nothing to do with the real world. Ya putz.
    Don't cry because you refuse to follow the rules that are very clear when you sign up for this forum and that is pretty clear and well stated otherwise too.
    There are plenty of other forums and sites which allows for political discussions, I prefer not having to bother with politics from simplistic "bad/good" viewpoints. I come here for camera/film news and talk, not to get bogged down with politics (which unlike cameras aren't as clear cut in terms of bad or good). You are not a rebel and your free speech isn't being violated, you simply don't respect the terms you signed up for and the ramifications it leads to if everyone starts proselytizing their superior political beliefs (not fun moderating that without people crying more than you).

I am more surprised they hadn't stopped DJI earlier, not that I want them to, but just seems like an "easy target".

Personally, I think the DJI products are pretty good quality, but I would like to see some more competition in the Mavic 2 Pro range and higher. I remember 3-5 years ago and I was thinking about getting a drone and there were 3-4 brands to choose from, now it is really only DJI at the 1000-1500$ mark.

I ended up getting a Mavic 2 Pro, and in the meantime nothing "better" has come from either DJI or any other manufacturer in the same pricing, i.e. 2 years without "progress" in the 1000-1500$ market.

Also wonder how the ban will be, I live in Europe but I go for vacation in the US and sometimes work there too, and would suck not to be able to bring a Mavic 3 when it comes...
    Last edited by High1ander; 12-19-2020 at 07:11 AM.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    This isn’t about blocking DJI products. It’s about blocking parts from the USA going TO DJI. You can still buy Ronins and Mavics. Relax.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Our drone op was using the Skydio2 last month. It approached an overhanging wire, and with no input from the op, slowed down a bit, dipped under the wire and continued on. Pretty cool. Second pass though, the Skydio barely clipped the wire, did a 360 degree flip mid air and kept right on going. Also amazing.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by captslomo View Post
    Our drone op was using the Skydio2 last month. It approached an overhanging wire, and with no input from the op, slowed down a bit, dipped under the wire and continued on. Pretty cool. Second pass though, the Skydio barely clipped the wire, did a 360 degree flip mid air and kept right on going. Also amazing.
    Haha I almost misread your post. 'Skynet overtook our drone'
    Intelligent drones, hackers from abroad, Internet of things, cars, bridges, electricity, the financial system, nuclear weapons, all connected. Yeah a bit caution won't hurt at all.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    The issue with competing with DJI is they're so massive and entrenched at this point... and willing to do pretty much whatever it takes to keep that dominance... that going head to head with them is largely futile unless you have massively deep pockets.

Look at what happened with 3DR and their competition for the Phantom (the 3DR Solo). DJI just dropped their pricing on the Phantom to rock-bottom and largely put 3DR out of business. 3DR didn't really help themselves, but I was at the NAB where 3DR released the Solo... it was the talk of the show... then the Phantom 3 dropped with a price that was stupid aggressive and the wind just disappeared from Solo's sails.

I begrudgingly use DJI products... but if a viable competitor in the drone space came along, I'd ditch them in a heartbeat. Between their competitive tactics, craptastic support, and tendency to completely abandon product lines when the new ones come out... I would be happy to see them taken down a few pegs.
    Well said Jbregar - and I agree.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by captslomo View Post
    This is good to read first hand reports like this. I've started following Skydio... and they very well may be my next purchase / upgrade from the P4Pro.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm guessing they haven't banned Russian drones?
    www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    This is good to read first hand reports like this. I've started following Skydio... and they very well may be my next purchase / upgrade from the P4Pro.
    I've had one for a year. Obstacle avoidance is the best I've seen, and much better than DJI. This makes getting the shot far easier than other drones we've owned. However, the company needs to work on the range of the drone and signal quality between controller and aircraft.

In addition, the software (app) is not nearly as robust as DJI, but more than adequate to produce results.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast