Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    I haven't heard of the 50 Cent Army until ten minutes ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party
    yawn. old news in every country

but I certainly think it's true that the internet - which we were told would bring knowledge, freedom and democracy to every corner of the globe - has become an incredibly useful tool for anti-democratic propaganda. I think that the power you can wield as an organized entity (especially one with control of the internet infrastructure itself) is beyond the dreams of 20th century dictators

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    And this thread is probably about to be nullified. I'm going out on a limb and saying that most, if not all, of these sanctions will be lifted as quickly as possible.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    And this thread is probably about to be nullified. I'm going out on a limb and saying that most, if not all, of these sanctions will be lifted as quickly as possible.

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Commerce on Saturday published new rules for countering "unjustified" laws and restrictions imposed by foreign countries on Chinese companies and citizens, as economic relations between Beijing and Washington deteriorate.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...054618465.html

4. Collapse Details
    Yep. Read a new story about how on recently, Walmart cancelled several contracts with USA-based suppliers and moved those contracts to China. Back to financing resort camps where people can really concentrate.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Yep. Read a new story about how on recently, Walmart cancelled several contracts with USA-based suppliers and moved those contracts to China. Back to financing resort camps where people can really concentrate.
    My quarter says that after the Biden inauguration, the DJI contract limitations will be removed and they'll be back in biz in the US.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    And it’s part of a cyclical/self-aggrandizing problem. “We” want cheap stuff. It costs more to make it here than in some Asian factory. “We” buy the cheap stuff, the manufacturers continue to off-shore more manufacturing to keep costs down/profits up, which eliminates more jobs here, which means people need even cheaper stuff, etc., etc.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    So, I gather no one here read Wassily Leontief.

8. Collapse Details
    I once read Peanuts.

Also had an Ovaltine.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstbase View Post
    My quarter says that after the Biden inauguration, the DJI contract limitations will be removed and they'll be back in biz in the US.
    Not a guarantee. There is somewhat broad-based support for pushback against China IMO. But it may be used as the bargaining chip it always was

10. Collapse Details
    The Autel Evo II Pro (6k) is awfully good. 6k 30P, 4K up to 60P or 2k up to 120p.
    1 inch Sony sensor. 10 Bit color and log profiles. Independently control iso, shutter
    speed, and iris. Great battery life....they claim 40 minutes and it's actually approaching
    that in real life. No geofencing. It's a pretty good alternative to the Mavic Pro 2.
    I just got mine and have only flown it once so far (lots of rain in Alaska in the winter)
    but I could post a couple shots if you want.
    Here's one of many 'shootout' videos....yeah the YouTubers do these for drones too
    not just cameras.

Thanks for posting....have found DJI a very frustrating company to deal with...was considering the Mavic Pro 2 for a project but will look at the Autel Evo 2 Pro instead...in the video posted the image quality looked better IMO and though I’ve flown a Mavic Pro and they are very easy to fly, dealing with DJI for me has been terrible.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast