Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Maybe you just have higher standards than me, Dan. I actually find that all my good lights mix pretty well. Here are some examples using the Nicefoto for key and the Godox for fill. The young lady has a Dracast panel for an edge. The Asian man has the studioessentials for backlight but with a magenta filter. The thing about the studioessentials is that it's just a bad light - it looks green to the naked eye. All my other lights are good (for LEDs). For the AFOL shoot, I had the Nicefoto on Joan with a Dracast panel for fill and a Dracast fresnel for a special on the flowers, and the Godox keying Kip with a Dracast fresnel through diff for fill and a Genaray fresnel special on the flowers.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.17.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.32.05 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.24.01 AM.jpg

PS Here's a shot from ST: Voyager I recently saw that could have used this gobo attachment from on-high for the effect on the actor, although I think they may have just been lighting through an actual grid catwalk on the set above him:

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.25.08 AM.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    Or it could be that the combos I have tried with the talent I was working with, it didn't look good? As you know, skin tones vary wildly from person to person,
    what looks okay for one person could look terrible with the next person in the same setup. I did a comparison of Godox VL300 as key with the Falcon Eyes as
    the fill, then the VL300 as key and a VL150 as fill and the difference was noticeable, especially when I dialed in the skin tone hue using the scopes in Resolve.
    The Godox were really close to perfect while the image with the Falcon Eyes, even when dialed in on the skin tone line on the vectorscope, didn't look right.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Damn. I want one of these. Great suggestion. I really want to expand what I do for background lights when I need them.
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    Damn. I want one of these. Great suggestion. I really want to expand what I do for background lights when I need them.
    I've only used it on one shoot so far, but I'm pretty happy with it. Money well spent.

5. Collapse Details
    I think this might be an option for me, will have to experiment more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDIQUrOpSDQ
    Seems like a good compromise between gobos and these projectors - using mirrors!
    Much more power than the projector and very cheap, and seems like it's easier than moving gobos around.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchtape View Post
    I think this might be an option for me, will have to experiment more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDIQUrOpSDQ
    Seems like a good compromise between gobos and these projectors - using mirrors!
    Much more power than the projector and very cheap, and seems like it's easier than moving gobos around.
    This will totally work, it's just a lot more gear and hassle, more stands, mirrors, sandbags, angles, tweaking and time. If you have the time,
    mirrors and shiny boards are great, but most of us don't have grips on all of our shoots to help us make this happen. Typically for me, it's three
    cameras, three teleprompters, light one to three talent, all in less than two hours including load in. Using the Godox projector, I can light up
    that BG with a nice pattern or slash/wedge in less than 3-4 minutes, minutes count.

That's always the thing in production, time vs. money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123