Thread: Fan noise

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Ah, yes, true. I forget, most of us manually set the fan speed to a user button, so that we can go to quiet mode during record.
    I did this for a while when I used a recorder but hated having to remember to turn it higher to cool the camera down lol. I simply perder it being automatic is all.
    Favorite Cameras I own
    Sony F35 & Sony F3

Decent Cameras I own
    Arri Alexa Classic, Canon XH-A1 Dvx100b

These Cameras I own that almost did it for me BUT NOPE
    BMCC.2.5K AND FUJI XH1

These I own as a mad scientist and fanboy but will never shoot with again
    Red one MX, Red Epic, Ursa mini pro G2

My ultimate advice " Find a camera you love that way your signature won't be like mine"

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRECTORDEVIN View Post
    Super sorry you are going through any of this, are you in New York? If so you can borrow my evf to change some settings around. I wouldn’t caution the blanket though, heat can be a real problem with such a big machine.
    Thanks for the offer but I'm way on the other side of the continent in Western Canada. But I may have access to a colour EVF locally as there are a few F55 kits around.

Is there a difference in how the colour EVF interacts with the camera vs a BW EVF? I asked a Sony tech about this a while ago and he didn't think it would make a difference. Then again he didn't even know people still used the camera in 2020.

3. Collapse Details
    IMG_2685.jpg

pounge, this is the menu you are trying to get to access to.

Someone has turned off the characters, it could possibly be turned off on all 4 so either viewfinder or HDSDI out won't work. It's worth noting since all 4 have their own option to turn off, you should do your best to try all 4. Have you tried the SD Video feed?

If none of these work, the best option I can come up with is to remove the side of the camera and pull the CMOS battery, then when you boot the camera it may reset everything, if not it will reset the menu back to page one. If we know what page the camera is on, I can tell you the right clicks to get to menu to turn on Monitor out characters.

4. Collapse Details
    PS Sony F55 Viewfinder will NOT work with a Sony F35.

Sony F35 will only work with HDVF line of viewfinder. Hence the F55 "DVL" viewfinder model names do not start with HDVF.

Now you might say, I have seen the F65 with both old style C-30WR viewfinder and the newer F55 style. The F65 had to be upgraded to add the port.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pounge View Post
    I don't really know exactly but reading the manual makes me think that the previous owner switched off the menus for clean outputs from the SDI ports and VF? But must have bunged that up since I can still see "LUT" in the top left corner of the BW EVF and Monitor Out. But nah, absolutely no menus coming out of this camera so I can't even find out the IP Address to connect via laptop. But I do have access to some things on the side panel (slog/sgamut, shutter, framerate, 422/444 output, WB, fan speed, gain drop) so I can atleast shoot with it in some form.
    Colour or BW is fine, i’m just thinking you don’t have an EVF because of the cost. The black and white HDVF viewfinders are cheap enough on ebay, and you might be able to sell it afterwards. Same goes for the colour HDVF, like the C30w, you might lose $100 on the resale, but isn’t that worth getting menus back?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yachacha View Post
    IMG_2685.jpg

pounge, this is the menu you are trying to get to access to.

Someone has turned off the characters, it could possibly be turned off on all 4 so either viewfinder or HDSDI out won't work. It's worth noting since all 4 have their own option to turn off, you should do your best to try all 4. Have you tried the SD Video feed?

If none of these work, the best option I can come up with is to remove the side of the camera and pull the CMOS battery, then when you boot the camera it may reset everything, if not it will reset the menu back to page one. If we know what page the camera is on, I can tell you the right clicks to get to menu to turn on Monitor out characters.
    Oh man, yeah I have no idea what menu I could be on right now having never seen the menu structure for this camera. Is the SD video feed the TEST port? I have an old CRT around somewhere I can try that with.

How many things will I need to remove before getting to the CMOS battery? Sounds like a risky venture but I may do it if I have a bigger project coming up.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Colour or BW is fine, i’m just thinking you don’t have an EVF because of the cost. The black and white HDVF viewfinders are cheap enough on ebay, and you might be able to sell it afterwards. Same goes for the colour HDVF, like the C30w, you might lose $100 on the resale, but isn’t that worth getting menus back?

Oh totally, if the camera didn't come with it I'd probably skip the EVF given the cost. I have the HDVF 20-A.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pounge View Post
    Oh totally, if the camera didn't come with it I'd probably skip the EVF given the cost. I have the HDVF 20-A.
    Got it. Sorry, I was confused about what you needed. carry. I have not been paying as much attention today. cloudy weather here in LA, and I'm working on something else. Got myself into a couple arguments about Canon vs Black magic, I wasn't quite prepared for on another thread. haha. I should have stayed out of that one too, but was trying to be funny.

9. Collapse Details
    So you have tried the top and bottom viewfinder ports? with 20-A the results will be the same with any it's not your viewfinder? Yes the Test port is SD video feed, you can get RCA bullet and use with any old tv.

You don't get characters on any of the 4 above?

10. Collapse Details
    Try this for fun:

Turn on the camera. Push Rotary Wheel Once, spin rotary one click either clockwise or counterclockwise, push rotary again.

Press Menu Button Once. Click Rotary, spin one click either way, push rotary again. Nothing?

Press Menu Button Once. Click Rotary, spin one click either way, push rotary again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast