Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DaVinci Resolve vs Vegas Pro
    Hi,

I am good with Vegas Pro, but suck at DaVinci, can anyone do a tutorial like one I did showing how to crop and pan in Vegas Pro 18? I have been trying for hours no luck. Searching YouTube no luck. I can do this effect in Vegas Pro in 60 seconds see:

Video tutorial here for Vegas Pro 18:

https://www.screencast.com/t/bHBQ3gzvZIhx

Can anyone please help me with this in DaVinci?

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Did I not answer your question a few hours ago in the other post you made?
    @andreemarkefors

3. Collapse Details
    Can someone show me around here I am completely lost here can't find new messages.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    @andreemarkefors

5. Collapse Details
    Dynamic zoom will not do what he is asking about. It will only zoom in or out. Or to two positions by changing red and green boxes. To pan and keep zoom size the same or even change zoom keyframes are needed so using inspector is a more complete solution. It can be made to work just fine but nowhere as easy as Vegas since it is possible in Vegas to see exactly the action being taken with the source still there and as he shows done with a mouse. I have EDIUS, Vegas and Resolve and I agree with him that Vegas is the easiest to see visually what is being asked of the software.

So to answer his question he needs to use inspector and set zoom and position with keyframe at beginning then at the end or any other position. But the user interface is not like Vegas at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFk1J3jlt2A This is one I found but there must be others.

6. Collapse Details
    In Vegas I am sure I learned that crop and pan on my own, its an easy program to use, I can do that effect on 60 seconds with Vegas Pro.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Why do you want to use Resolve ? It is still fast in inspector if you know what to do. It just isn't graphical like Vegas using the mouse. Size with zoom, position with X & Y set keyframe, set new position and set key frame. Done.

8. Collapse Details
    There are hardly any on the effect I want on YouTube for DaVinci. I find DaVinci very difficult in certain tasks like this one, I use it all the time for image stabilization, as its superior to Vegas in that department and very easy to use.

9. Collapse Details
    I am selling my video and don't want to process it in 2 editors, I want the highest quality video for sale.

10. Collapse Details
    Casey Faris has some good videos as does Film Simplified

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast