Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.G View Post
    Yeah, i went to filmschool in 2008, never touched a loupe camera. And TV is dying, well, analog that is. Its all heading to on demand streaming.

Using the loupe restricts selection of angle and composition though, thats why i almost never use my loupe. Rather get a lower angle with easyrig handheld, than the bread and butter shoulder height. Im also slightly taller than average, and women are lower. So having a lower angle is much nicer when shooting women. The region i live in has a "flight" of young women moving away to get education, so theres especially focus on putting women at the front of the camera to highlight their lives and careers here.

I would like to press the screen when shooting multiple characters in the same framing, switching between them as they talk. The Sony FE lenses are useless for MF, but the FX9 AF is awful on my Sigma lenses with Metabones adapter. It just doesnt look good in video.

Would hate to be forced into buying the Sony 28-135 just for these kind of shots where i want to switch between AF/MF quickly. The lens is huge and expensive compared to what i want to achieve.
    I bet all the money that some of the best movies out there would not be as good, as subtle, as intimate if they were not shot using a loupe. There's simply no way you can achieve this level of connection with the subject unless being glued to the eyepiece.

2. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately for me, with age, i can't see my subject unless my eye is buried in a loupe...so i have no other choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12