Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Ericson View Post
    Fair. I should have read the description better, didn't see the part about cash only... I even found Eric's stolen C300ii in Atlanta. :/
    What if it's Eric's stuff again..

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Cash only, in person only, price suspiciously low, broken grammar, yeah, just a few red flags there...
    I wouldn't buy this without an armed security detail with me with guns out ;-)
    Not only that, I'd feel like a complete piece of crap knowing I bought someone else's stolen equipment.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Imamacuser View Post
    No, just a few of the old classics, like Strangers on a Train & Dial M for Murder. I try to sell stuff on Craig's List or FaceBook to avoid fees, but I meet in a well-lit public area with video surveillance, and legally carry a couple firearms for good measure.
    Just checking: This is a joke, right? Selling camera gear carrying firearms?...

4. Collapse Details
    No joke, I'm completely serious. I'm in the USA, and my state issued weapons permit allows me to open carry or conceal carry weapons, but it's best to conceal carry though, as most people will freak-out if they see someone other than law enforcement carrying a firearm.

For clarification, I don't carry a firearm to prevent myself from being robbed, I carry it to prevent myself from being murdered, the law only allows you to use lethal force in self defense if there is an imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death.

Bear in mind that many states require a weapons permit for non-lethal or less-than-lethal weapons like stun guns.

This is an oversimplification, but in a nutshell, getting a weapons permit entails going through an FBI background check, taking a state authorized training course, where you learn your state's weapons and self defense laws, pertinent federals laws, safety practices, culminating in proving competency on the firing range.
    Last edited by Imamacuser; 12-18-2020 at 03:37 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Not sure if you're still looking for a C200, but I just ran across this one on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-C....m46890.l49292
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Valles View Post
    Not sure if you're still looking for a C200, but I just ran across this one on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-C....m46890.l49292
    Thanks Jaime. Unfortunately some expenses with moving and a rental property have eaten up funds I had allocated for a second and or third C200.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

7. Collapse Details
    Bought a very nice c200 package with nice accs on the Gear Focus site. Was looking at this one also but got a better deal with 50 hours on it. Put them on your list to check for deals. I'm guessing that prices might get better around April for the c200s mk1 https://www.gearfocus.com/canon-c200...s-for-raw.html

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Ericson View Post
    Fair. I should have read the description better, didn't see the part about cash only... I even found Eric's stolen C300ii in Atlanta. :/
    What if it's Eric's stuff again..
    UPS has a delivery confirmation for a Litepanels Gemini 1 x 1 for this past Wednesday; I was out of town, came back Thursday, and no Litepanels at home. My mail delivery has this annoying habit of dropping packages by my garage door instead of my front door where I have a security camera, so apparently I need to get another security camera for by the garage door. I'd asked for a signature for the delivery but either Litepanels didn't get that memo in time or UPS ignored it. I guess either UPS delivered it to the wrong address or it was stolen. Litepanels is currently checking with UPS for word on it. So, if you see a sketchy Litepanels Gemini 1 x 1 on Ebay shipping from Georgia, lemme know.

Also missing another piece of mail that was supposed to have been delivered to my mailbox a couple weeks ago, which makes the missing Litepanels more suspect. And someone stole my kayak in my backyard last year, unless it blew away in a storm, which seems less likely.

Are you guys having packages delivered to UPS or FedEx stores? I'd asked a B&H rep about doing that and they said it was unreliable but I don't know why it would be. I also had a large B&H order of $10k of equipment last week, told them very specifically that I wanted a signature for all items, and then they delivered everything with no signature, just sitting outside of my house for a day or two. Well, I guess that wasn't as bad as when AbelCine delivered my brand new Arri Amira and dropped it on my apartment door step with no signature while I was gone on a shoot.

Around a year ago someone threateningly walked into my RV at 1am so I pulled a gun on them and held them at gunpoint until they left. Another time I was sleeping at a Cracker Barrel parking lot and several gunshots went off at the gas station next to it, group of people drove off in a hurry, cop came by me later and asked where they'd gone, I pointed to where they drove off to and then went back to sleep. That gun and run happened in Charlotte, NC, so I suspect Run&Gun was involved.

They're still going through the trial/indictment process for the adult who burglarized my home (the first time offender minor involved got slapped with probation). Just got a call last week about it from the DA and defense attorney, but it hasn't reached a settlement or gone to trial yet. He was arrested about a year after the burglary and then apparently COVID put a on hold on the court process but they seem to be nearing completion now. The defense attorney said the accused was trying to go to nursing school and the case not being finalized was apparently keeping him from going or making it more difficult. I mean, I rather hope he goes to prison. First time offender, though. He's been out on bail for around a year now, so someone paid a hefty amount to get him out.
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 01-30-2021 at 01:38 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Damn dude you live in the wild west

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post

Are you guys having packages delivered to UPS or FedEx stores?
    I've had dozens of Lensrentals.com orders shipped to my local FedEx as they always show up when I am not home for signature. Works great, other than I sometimes have to wait in line. I return the gear there too.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast