Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. Collapse Details
    #21
    Senior Member chris f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,448
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    You may want to wait until April. Apparently the c200mk2 is coming, which should cause c200 prices to hit rock bottom https://www.canonrumors.com/the-cano...anon+Rumors%29
    I cannot imagine that there is a large enough subset of canon C200 users that would instantly jump ship to the canon C200Mkii to where used prices will drop much more than they already have. Having had two of them myself I will fully admit that the original was an odd camera in a weird middle of no man’s land and I would guess that users will stick with their current camera or move over to a mirrorless, C70, or like myself already upgraded to the c300mkiii/c500mkii.

    If as that post predicts that the only thing coming to the C200mk2 is marginal IQ increase and maybe a better codec I don’t think that’s going to move the needle for many people, especially when you can get “cooler” new features that come in the newer cameras mentioned above. If anything this camera sounds like the perfect camera for people to ditch their C300mkii’s that they’ve been holding onto.
    Last edited by chris f; 12-01-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    Director | Making Lemonade: Our Covid 19 Story
    (warning: this film contains 0% politics, 0% conspiracies, & 100% optimism)


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    8,941
    Default
    They'll most likely keep it EF, add 10-bit as noted on CR, and with RAW and one other little surprise and some people will buy it over the C70.

    Good opportunity to finally get 12-bit 4K/60p CRL to further mix everything up. Maybe ProRes RAW.

    Improve the AF.

    Incremental updates...2020, 2021, 2022...masters.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    1,175
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry1908 View Post
    I’ve used the Sony 18-110 with the fs7and found it to
    be sloppy to in the zoom and focus and also found the image pretty uninspiring too.
    My version is perfect in zoom and focus - and even works a treat with AF on my A7sIII. As for "uninspiring"... I don't necessarily disagree with you. I certainly didn't "lust" after or really pine for that lens at all. And it didn't change my life and doesn't give beautiful bokeh. But funny thing, after resisting purchasing it for almost a year, for most of my work, that range and not having to switch lenses in fast paced shoot environments, it does inspire confidence and repeat clients.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Keep in mind f/4 = T4.4 on the canon lens, so despite the lower number on the Sony lens you’re not actually gaining any increase in exposure.
    True. But I find it semi-interesting that with today's cameras & dual ISO, that f/4 is so looked down upon - especially with full frame and frankly, even s35. If Sony didn't have that 18 -110 f/4, I would have certainly bought the Canon 18-80 and used with adapter.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #24
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,048
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    I cannot imagine that there is a large enough subset of canon C200 users that would instantly jump ship to the canon C200Mkii to where used prices will drop much more than they already have. Having had two of them myself I will fully admit that the original was an odd camera in a weird middle of no man’s land and I would guess that users will stick with their current camera or move over to a mirrorless, C70, or like myself already upgraded to the c300mkiii/c500mkii.

    If as that post predicts that the only thing coming to the C200mk2 is marginal IQ increase and maybe a better codec I don’t think that’s going to move the needle for many people, especially when you can get “cooler” new features that come in the newer cameras mentioned above. If anything this camera sounds like the perfect camera for people to ditch their C300mkii’s that they’ve been holding onto.
    it doesn't have to be a large subset to move the needle

    a 20% temporary uptick in used camera sales matched with slightly diminished interest due to the follow-up, and Dan might be able to score one south of $3k. but I've found that prices can stabilize again after the initial wave of upgraders

    at any rate, the release certainly won't do anything to increase prices on the used c200


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #25
    Senior Member chris f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,448
    Default
    Dan, if you end up needing some additional AC adapters for your new C200s, I know a guy..... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...MK2-C200-C200B
    Director | Making Lemonade: Our Covid 19 Story
    (warning: this film contains 0% politics, 0% conspiracies, & 100% optimism)


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #26
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,334
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Dan, if you end up needing some additional AC adapters for your new C200s, I know a guy..... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...MK2-C200-C200B
    Ha, ha. I've bought C200 parts from you before. I have the AC adapter for my C200 came with and all of the used ones I am seeing have the adapter, but thanks.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 12-01-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #27
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,334
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    it doesn't have to be a large subset to move the needle

    a 20% temporary uptick in used camera sales matched with slightly diminished interest due to the follow-up, and Dan might be able to score one south of $3k. but I've found that prices can stabilize again after the initial wave of upgraders

    at any rate, the release certainly won't do anything to increase prices on the used c200
    I'm not in a hurry and based upon specs, I dont see anything in the rumored MKII specs that would make me hot for one. Same problem as the C70, the DGO sensor likely wouldn't color and noise match to my existing C200.
    If I can score clean used C200s when this thing is announced for under $3k, I'll get two or three of them. If you approach the C200 MKI as a RAW camera that also shoots a high quality XF-AVC that's good enough to 90% of shoots and
    requirements, then the idea of the incremental upgrade MKII is lame. Owning 13 EF mount leses, RF mount is a negative if it has it because then I have to buy a damn adapter and I don't like using adapted lenses over native. 10-bit 4:2:2, meh. Wouldn't mind it
    but it's not something that would make me buy a new camera. Seems like the waiting game now. Just like I had to wait like two years to find a deal on used CN E 18-80mm, I'm pretty patient.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    903
    Default
    Dan, for what it's worth... EF to RF using a Canon adapter is seamless. You really can't tell the difference between native RF and EF on the R5. If I bought a C70 (maybe someday) I'd probably get the adapter that bolts on and makes it look full frame and just leave it connected. I have the native RF 24-105L and 35mm macro for photographic purposes on my RF... and they're nice to keep it compact... but it works just as well with my EF glass (70-200/2.8L IS II, 85/1.8, 50/1.8 STM, Sigma 120-300/2.8 w/ and w/o teleconverters, Tamron 15-30/2.8 VC).

    The Canon EF to RF adapter sure isn't anything like a buggy Metabones (or worse).
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

    Web | Video | Aerial


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #29
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry1908 View Post
    I’ve used the Sony 18-110 with the fs7and found it to
    be sloppy to in the zoom and focus and also found the image pretty uninspiring too.
    I’ve used them both as well and I found the Sony to
    easily be on par with the Canon. I actually liked it better
    (and it has an extra 30mm reach to boot.) But that all
    misses my point which was simply that no, the Canon
    is not the ‘only one that makes a lens that comes close
    to’ an 18-80 F4.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #30
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,334
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    Dan, for what it's worth... EF to RF using a Canon adapter is seamless. You really can't tell the difference between native RF and EF on the R5. If I bought a C70 (maybe someday) I'd probably get the adapter that bolts on and makes it look full frame and just leave it connected. I have the native RF 24-105L and 35mm macro for photographic purposes on my RF... and they're nice to keep it compact... but it works just as well with my EF glass (70-200/2.8L IS II, 85/1.8, 50/1.8 STM, Sigma 120-300/2.8 w/ and w/o teleconverters, Tamron 15-30/2.8 VC).

    The Canon EF to RF adapter sure isn't anything like a buggy Metabones (or worse).
    Yeah, that's true, I read that the EF 24-105mm IS II with the .71x Canon adaptor is going to be the hot tip. That is intriguing but I edited some outdoor interviews the other day that I shot on the C200 a couple of years ago in RAW. Not even lit,
    just available light in the shade with harsh sunlight behind talent and the image is still so good, really looked the same as RED or Arri in that particular case. C70 has better image, but for my needs, the C200, shooting Cinema RAW Light
    and my CN E 18-80mm t/4.4 is plenty good for what I shoot. I'm still in love with that image. The new sensor is better but not a lot better, a little better to my eye. If I didn't own a camera, I'd probably get the C70 or the C300 MKIII
    but the C200 still looks very good to my eye and it's paid for! I think that the camera is somewhat underrated simply becaus it was missing a 10-bit XF-AVC codec. I have a C300 MKII for that ;-)
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •