1. Collapse Details
    Looking for hi CRI Bi-color LED fresnel with wifi control
    Found the CAME-TV Boltzen, seems like this could work. But wondering what else is out there?

2. Collapse Details
    What is the main use case? How much power do you need?

I have the Aputure, and it's pretty great but it's in a very different price bracket compared to the Came=Tv. They are going to do 15% off for Black Friday, but even after the discount it's still much more expensive than the Came Tv.

However, if you are looking at the small 55 watt CameTv models, those are not going to serve well as a key light after throwing on a modifier or shooting through a frame. For that, you need more power.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmorphasis View Post
    What is the main use case? How much power do you need?
    Not looking for a key, just looking for an edge in interview set ups, or to hit the background. Bonus if it's enough power to bounce off the ceiling to increase ambient in a small location. I travel (fly) with 2 Area48s and using one unit as my key and the second as my edge seems like overkill. If I could drop the 2nd Area48 from the baggage and add 1-2 more spotty lights, I think that would give me more flexibility and possibly decrease my weight.

4. Collapse Details
    If you are flying and just want accents/hair/scratch, then the Aputure is way overkill and too bulky IMO. For that exact scenario, I fly with the Kinotehnik Practilite 802. It's not cheap for the size/output, but the light quality is solid, has a real glass fresnel lens (vs the Came-tv), and has a solid app on iphone for wifi control. No separate remote, in case that is a dealbreaker for you.

The build quality is also very solid, comes with barndoors, and I can use it with V-mounts in addition to mains. It's a bity pricey for a hair light, but it's just solid all around.

5. Collapse Details
    Might be a bit heavy and slightly noisy, but Godox SL-60W + cheapo fresnel.
    Very good light quality for the price, includes remote control (no wifi though)
    R9 on my copy is 86.
    Last edited by scotchtape; 11-25-2020 at 08:59 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Oz, did you mean the 602? The 802 seems to be a panel light not a fresnel. Sounds like a great light though!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmorphasis View Post
    If you are flying and just want accents/hair/scratch, then the Aputure is way overkill and too bulky IMO. For that exact scenario, I fly with the Kinotehnik Practilite 802. It's not cheap for the size/output, but the light quality is solid, has a real glass fresnel lens (vs the Came-tv), and has a solid app on iphone for wifi control. No separate remote, in case that is a dealbreaker for you.
    Did you mean the 602 from Kinotehnik? The 802 is a panel light it seems?

8. Collapse Details
    Dracast 600B, but the lens is fixed and does not zoom in and out