Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_R View Post
    Agree, looks good for a 400iso camera
    What the settings of the aperture/shutter angle?

Could you upload some of your test footage, please? Not only night, daylight as well. Would like to play with and see on my own eyes the noise pattern and highlight roll off. Thanks in advance.
    Yea the typical 400, 180. I put a clip in the google link below 12bit .dpx recorded on the Odyssey 7Q+ the night shots are a little longer so you can see the noise, daylight clips are only a few frames to save on upload time. Anyone can download so feel free if anyone else is reading this..If you do download share some frames here when your done. Would love to see what others come up with in terms of looks. (not sure on how long this link will be active ) Could be cool to do a 2021 approach on grading the F35 I believe most of the grading resources on here are around the year 2016? Not totally sure on that tho...

Night footage was T2.1 and the daytime footage im totally not sure, I didnt have any ND so prob T4-16

Cheers,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...tg?usp=sharing

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmitch View Post
    Thanks a lot! You're only person who shared that golden footage by my request. I'm not a huge pro in grading and love some natural looks. Anyway, this footage is very important for me, thank you again!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot! You're only person who shared that golden footage by my request. I'm not a huge pro in grading and love some natural looks. Anyway, this footage is very important for me, thank you again!
    Haha no problem, why is the footage so important to you?

4. Collapse Details
    Haha no problem, why is the footage so important to you?
    Deciding to buy that beast vs Alexa Classic vs Komodo for my feature films. F35 is very close to Alexa in terms of highlights latitude and to Komodo in terms of motion rendering. Yes, the Komodo is not an A-cam for most of users on this forum, but in my opinion it's very close to being the option for a low-budget solo production. There's no any of them in my country, so it's the only chance to get an impression of their footage. I like the image from F35 and Arri more, but Komodo is new and could be any sized or modified depending on the shot.

The quick impression about your footage is: "Damn, these colors are typical sony colors!". But few tweaks in editor made them pretty nice and shifted the focus to an extremely wide halftone pallette. The Arri looks beteer out of the box, imo. And the noise... found it much more pleasant than from the CVP'S footage from Komodo. Without the heavy grade it's almost imperceptible.
    Last edited by DM_R; 11-29-2020 at 11:28 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Deciding to buy that beast vs Alexa Classic vs Komodo for my feature films. F35 is very close to Alexa in terms of highlights latitude and to Komodo in terms of motion rendering. Yes, the Komodo is not an A-cam for most of users on this forum, but in my opinion it's very close to being the option for a low-budget solo production. There's no any of them in my country, so it's the only chance to get an impression of their footage. I like the image from F35 and Arri more, but Komodo is new and could be any sized or modified depending on the shot.

The quick impression about your footage is: "Damn, these colors are typical sony colors!". But few tweaks in editor made them pretty nice and shifted the focus to an extremely wide halftone pallette. The Arri looks beteer out of the box, imo. And the noise... found it much more pleasant than from the CVP'S footage from Komodo. Without the heavy grade it's almost imperceptible.
    Awesome man, glad I could help!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Released a music video - Through The Fire super pumped on how it turned out! Just me no other crew, 99% practicals, had one soft LED on the second verse with the artist and his wife next to him in the lobby buttt thats it! Would love to hear what you guys think. Any feedback / critiques would be super helpful! Heres a few of my favorite frames. https://vimeo.com/474862420
    Attachment 141406Attachment 141407Attachment 141408Attachment 141409Attachment 141410Attachment 141411Attachment 141412Attachment 141413Attachment 141414Attachment 141415Attachment 141416
    How did you upscale it to 4K? Just a 4k export? DaVinci? or different software?

//C
    IATSE Local 600 Western Region 1st Assistant Camera
    Associate Member of the S.O.C.

7. Collapse Details
    Deciding to buy that beast vs Alexa Classic vs Komodo for my feature films.

This feels a bit weird to state. F35 is certainly a camera you love or hate...but like trying to make it into an Alexa...then just get the Alexa?

I am having a DIT make me a Alexa LUT for the F35, if I am working with a producer that want that, but IMO the look of the F35 is what makes it what it is.

You get the F35 because of it's CCD colors, not to mimic CMOS ones...

Also, there are tonnes of Alexa EV floating around out there if that is your flavor.

C
    IATSE Local 600 Western Region 1st Assistant Camera
    Associate Member of the S.O.C.

8. Collapse Details
    This feels a bit weird to state.
    I know. But consider, please, that we are from the different worlds: I live in Kiev and cannot buy an F35 from my neighbor who has already played enough with. Same with Alexa or Komodo. And color is not the most important thing for me when I chosing between them. They all produce enough colors for getting everything you want. Arris are overused with 4000+ hours, Sonys are ugly built and couldn't be serviced, Komodos just launched and have tons of bugs. But they all producing quite enough image for my humble needs.

Have you seen the bigmitch's footage? Those blue daylights out from the box... is that CCD's holy magic, which shouldn't be graded or even corrected?

9. Collapse Details
    I know. But consider, please, that we are from the different worlds: I live in Kiev and cannot buy an F35 from my neighbor who has already played enough with. Same with Alexa or Komodo. And color is not the most important thing for me when I chosing between them. They all produce enough colors for getting everything you want. Arris are overused with 4000+ hours, Sonys are ugly built and couldn't be serviced, Komodos just launched and have tons of bugs. But they all producing quite enough image for my humble needs.

Have you seen the bigmitch's footage? Those blue daylights out from the box... is that CCD's holy magic, which shouldn't be graded or even corrected?
    I'm with Archduk3, if you are on the fence about an F35, don't get it. Plenty of options for "cinematic" cameras. There was a time when the F35 was a budget cinema camera, being the only high end sub $13K option. But now, just to get a cinematic level camera, the C70,Komdo, and Fx6 are going to be more flexible tools.

There are only a few available F35's floating around. Why bother if undecided? Let someone else have it that values the unique properties of this camera.

10. Collapse Details
    Bigmitch! Awesome stuff!

You have an eye and skill that obviously transcends one camera, as I think you could get good results from an 80D, but well done in choosing the F35 for its attributes, and using them as advantages for your vision. You really rolled with that. Looks fantastic!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast