Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 459
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,422
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    Just do what I did and marry a sugar momma. It's a lot easier to
    keep your business going. My wife is smart and has a real
    business that actually makes money. That way she can
    subsidize my video business.......sort of like the old saying
    about how it's easy to make a million dollars on a movie.
    Just start by spending 10 million to make a movie......
    This is Winning. Many of us went into this to be artists, and aren't the best business people. Every artist needs a patron.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Default
    And some need Patreon.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member soarprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa /OC /California
    Posts
    1,798
    Default
    Or patrón?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    And some need Patreon.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Grug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,195
    Default
    I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for behaving this year. All I bought was a licence for the new Cinematch Plugin; a copy of Affinity Photo (which I've now replaced Photoshop with); and a second batch of Upgrade Innovations "Rudy Arm" components, which (combined with the parts I already have) I think will probably see me out for the rest of my career (so far as my accessory mounting arm needs go).


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,007
    Default
    So how did we do this year? Sounds like a few of us contained ourselves.

    I ended up buying hardware to beef up my old workstation one last time and some more SSD and NVME drives. And more software plugins for my video and 3D work. And jumped on the VL300 COB right at the end. No cameras or big crazy purchases for me. The near future may get really hard depending on how things go. This next year main plan is to finish out my production van and save for studio build.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    So how did we do this year? Sounds like a few of us contained ourselves.

    I ended up buying hardware to beef up my old workstation one last time and some more SSD and NVME drives. And more software plugins for my video and 3D work. And jumped on the VL300 COB right at the end. No cameras or big crazy purchases for me. The near future may get really hard depending on how things go. This next year main plan is to finish out my production van and save for studio build.
    Well.......I am still shooting on an FS700. My wife (you know....the sugar momma I referenced before)
    told me we needed some business write offs and encouraged me to get a new camera. So I'm one of the
    first names on the preorder list for the FX6........


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,007
    Default
    I'm planning on sticking with my fs700Rs for another year or more, but I sure would like fs72, or fx9 or fx6


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,422
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I'm planning on sticking with my fs700Rs for another year or more, but I sure would like fs72, or fx9 or fx6
    Or a sugar momma? ;-)
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,226
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I'm planning on sticking with my fs700Rs for another year or more, but I sure would like fs72, or fx9 or fx6
    I feel like the FX6 is the one to get from that list...of course, it depends on your specific needs.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,709
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for behaving this year. All I bought was a licence for the new Cinematch Plugin; a copy of Affinity Photo (which I've now replaced Photoshop with); and a second batch of Upgrade Innovations "Rudy Arm" components, which (combined with the parts I already have) I think will probably see me out for the rest of my career (so far as my accessory mounting arm needs go).
    How many aputure 600s are you going to buy?


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •