Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Can you easily play music from YouTube Premium on an Alexa Echo?
    looks like it's not an integrated service and you would have to send the signal via bluetooth from your phone or something

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    ....But don't you want that Aputure full rotation feature? Looks like the light can't tilt in any direction without putting it on an articulating baby pin or arm. (I'M KIDDING, but also it I true)

EDIT, ok, all these comments have me looking too. So I just red the reviews again, but more thoroughly.

- One reviewer of the 300w says the brightness is closer to the Aputre 120D ( I assume the mk2, though they didn't list)
    - some fan noise from the ballast. though, they advertise it as "silence is the goal" so I cannot imagine the noise to be excessive, but could be annoying to some
    - there are no 500w reviews, although after this weekend I am sure we'll see those flood in.
    - no smart phone app - but does come with a wireless remote.
    - not as many tilt angle options (as I initially mentioned as a joke above)
    - no 500 reviews about fan noise. The 500 looks to be in the same housing and using the same cooling system as the 120 and 300 versions, does that effect the fan noise on the head?

But at 30% off already good prices, that is the dollar per watt value I am looking at for additional lighting. Something I won't use all the time, but is there to do some utilitarian lifting to supplement the main lighting setup.
    I have the 350W and the 500W CLAR IllumiMax lights. They replaced two Aputure 120D II lights. AMA.

They are NOT using the same housing. The 500W is definitely bigger. The control box is also considerably bigger on the 500W. The 500W also has a single-knob brake.

I have not had a huge problem with the fan noise. It seems about the same as my 120D IIs.

The 350W is significantly brighter than my 120D IIs. Before I sold the 120Ds, I set them up together. The CLAR 350W pretty much drowns out the 120D II visually. The 500W isn't even on the same planet. It's bright.

The 300W and 350W are only $50 apart... and the control box design on the 350 is significantly better.

I'll likely pick up at least one more 350W.

My only complaint with the 500W is it doesn't get as dim as I'd like and the control box feels a little plasticky. I'd also love it if the 350W had the single-knob brake.

I also have two of the CLAR S30s (and one ellipsoidal) and one of their 24x24 flexible panels. Both of those models are also great.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    I have the 350W and the 500W CLAR IllumiMax lights. They replaced two Aputure 120D II lights. AMA.

They are NOT using the same housing. The 500W is definitely bigger. The control box is also considerably bigger on the 500W. The 500W also has a single-knob brake.

I have not had a huge problem with the fan noise. It seems about the same as my 120D IIs.

The 350W is significantly brighter than my 120D IIs. Before I sold the 120Ds, I set them up together. The CLAR 350W pretty much drowns out the 120D II visually. The 500W isn't even on the same planet. It's bright.

The 300W and 350W are only $50 apart... and the control box design on the 350 is significantly better.

I'll likely pick up at least one more 350W.

My only complaint with the 500W is it doesn't get as dim as I'd like and the control box feels a little plasticky. I'd also love it if the 350W had the single-knob brake.

I also have two of the CLAR S30s (and one ellipsoidal) and one of their 24x24 flexible panels. Both of those models are also great.
    Awesome first hand report!

Also, the Nanlite 500w below 10% is still kind of bright. Not that i got it for subtle hits of nothinness, but it definitely means that 0% dimming is a bit misleading. So, i am looking at a 200-300w light to fill the gap between the 500w and 60w cob’s i currently have. Just wanted to say that maybe all 500w lights have difficulty getting real low and subtle.

Really encouraging to hear the fan noise is on par with the 120d

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the lights. Can you confirm the 500W CLAR IllumiMax light actually pulls 500w? And do you notice any color shift towards green or magenta?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by epsom salt View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the lights. Can you confirm the 500W CLAR IllumiMax light actually pulls 500w? And do you notice any color shift towards green or magenta?
    I haven't put it on a Kill-A-Watt, so I don't know.

I have no noticeable color shift.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    What do you mean it doesn't tilt?

7. Collapse Details
    What do you mean it doesn't tilt?
    It tilts like this /

but not like this |

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah it won’t go straight up or down.

I have never needed to place a light either way... and if I did, I’d just put an extension arm on my c-stand.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    It tilts like this /

but not like this |
    That's what she said.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    That's what she said.
    058E99CE-D1D0-4E62-A4A0-453F3124B228.jpg

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast