Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Impact? Oof, that's some disposable gear. Really cheap but you get what you pay for.
    Oh yeah? With the discount, they're priced similarly to the Glow scrim kit from adorama. Usually they're priced higher than the Glow. My Glow 60" octabox has been good to me so far. I'll be gentle!

2. Collapse Details
    Buying anything from B&H's Gradus Group makes for very easy and straightforward customer service if anyone ever needed it. They already offer pretty great CS, but they have so much of the below brands in stock for no hassle replacements (at least IMO).

I've owned at least one thing from every one on there...always nice stuff that works perfectly fine, especially Impact.

https://www.gradusgroup.com/brands

3. Collapse Details
    BTW, maybe this was posted in this thread somewhere but if not:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/11/...ng-guide-2020/

They've been updating it so I'd bookmark it.

CineD made various deals separate articles (not bothering with all of the links).

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    yeah it finally pushed me over the edge on these. but now i need more grip heads... and ideally arms
    Were they still in-stock when you ordered? Says ‘backordered’ right now. Maybe Santa will bring them to you.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Buying anything from B&H's Gradus Group makes for very easy and straightforward customer service if anyone ever needed it. They already offer pretty great CS, but they have so much of the below brands in stock for no hassle replacements (at least IMO).

I've owned at least one thing from every one on there...always nice stuff that works perfectly fine, especially Impact.

Hmmm... I had no idea about Luxli. I just remember what stuck out in my head from one of Matt’s reviews was them being a Norwegian based lighting company.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    When I was a video sales manager at CC in the late 80s into the early 90s, my top video guys were busting $100k per year in commisions. Definitely volume, volume, volume.
    That was the height of the retail careers then. That manager I brought up above told me, there were people with law degrees deferring their law careers to sell electronics. But Good Guys, Silo, and even CC themselves by the early 90's did not pay that much. Maybe Paul did.

PS. So, nobody's got the "Meatballs/Meatball" story? It was a good story.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    PS. So, nobody's got the "Meatballs/Meatball" story? It was a good story.
    Half of your stories require Google's assistance.

8. Collapse Details
    Half of your stories require Google's assistance.
    Or, in this case, IMDB.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Were they still in-stock when you ordered? Says ‘backordered’ right now. Maybe Santa will bring them to you.
    Actually I couldn't even order because of shabbat Haha. And they said backordered till late December.

BUT my peak design Sling, a7siii LANC cable adapter and used tamron 70-180 all came in today just in time for my birthday. So happy birthday to me! The only catch is - lensauthority only gives you 3 days after receiving the gear to test it and make sure you didn't get a lemon. So I better get on that and see if the tammy 70-180 AF is all it's cracked up to be...

10. Collapse Details

"Pawa" brand batteries. Ha.

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast