Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It would be a PITA to cherry-pick the related posts out to move them, but this would make a good separate topic, possibly in the cinematography forum. It's also one of the things I do like about DVX, even though some probably don't, the flow from one topic to another that, while Off Topic, can be even better, enlightening, informative and entertaining than the original. And for the record, I don't think Abe is trying to slip politics in, the underlying subjects of the shoots/shots being discussed just happen to be about politics.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    I understand that.

But do you know what I don't understand? I don't understand how Hot Rod Cameras can be offering such amazing Black Friday deals!!!! Wowza!!!
    https://hotrodcameras.com/black-frid...-monday-deals/
    I saw this after my post above. That is exactly what I'm talking about...the ole "give us a call".

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I saw this after my post above. That is exactly what I'm talking about...the ole "give us a call".
    It's like they say, "It never hurts to ask". I pre-ordered the Aputure 600d when they opened it up a few nights ago on B&H. In an unusual move, B&H was charging shipping on the light, that is a hair shy of $2K. The next day, it was listed as Free Shipping, so I sent them an email and said I had ordered it less than 24 hours ago and was charged shipping, but now, less than 24 hours later, the shipping on it is free and asked for the shipping to be refunded. Sure enough, they refunded those charges.

4. Collapse Details
    A retailer will also often refund the difference if you find a better price later from them or someone else and it's still within the returns window. It would cost them more to have you return it and purchase it again or just return it outright

5. Collapse Details
    There's a filter @B&H's site to see 'Rebates' - which are discounts/savings/promotions - in any of the dozen categories they have (cameras, lights, computers, whatever)...I always like to see what's being dumped.

It's fun to see a thread like this every year, but it means less and less each year.

Maybe one with a more particular savings benefit would be more useful, like things 50%+ off because you can expect so much to be the usual 10%-25% off now and through the weekend, month, Christmas, New Year.

Nevertheless...shopping is fun.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    There's a filter @B&H's site to see 'Rebates" - which are discounts/savings/promotions - in any of the dozen categories they have (cameras, lights, computers, whatever)...I always like to see what's being dumped.

It's fun to see a thread like this every year, but it means less and less each year.

Maybe one with a more particular savings benefit would be more useful, like things 50%+ off because you can expect so much to be the usual 10%-25% off now and through the weekend, month, Christmas, New Year.

Nevertheless...shopping is fun.
    Yeah. 10% off doesn't mean what it used to, most of the time, now.

7. Collapse Details
    Everyone should automatically 365 days a year be thinking I'm getting 10% off this product.

For starters...then the negotiation kicks in.

New lights, C70, FX6, audio...all of it...unless [once again] only one building sells it.

8. Collapse Details
    you think you can get 10% off at B&H on the FX6 on launch day from whatever they list it for?

9. Collapse Details
    ha...not from B&H, not on the FX6.

Most they'd do if anything is anywhere between 0%-1% on launch day if you chat them. (They offered me a $20 discount before on some lens over $1K, I think a random Milvus.)

Wait a month and might change...but the idea is to communicate with smaller businesses.

10. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it was the 35mm when I was in my lights-camera-action "cinematographer" phase.

Discounted $300 now 2 years later.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._f_1_4_ze.html

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast