Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I also just pre-odered the Litepanels Gemini 1x1 kit. The 1x1 is $1700, about $400 off with savings today, and the kit comes with $1000 worth of accessories for just $400 more, for $2100 total.

Eight minutes left. What else. I need a new 7" monitor because one of my SmallHD 702s died and the other one has lots of problems. Buy another SmallHD so it can die too?

I wonder if Feelworld is worth getting.

I need to get one of those SmallHD/Tereadek setups too, but they cost a pretty penny so maybe not today. SmallHD is also becoming like Red; so many options it gets confusing to know which one to get. Is the SmallHD Cine 7 the flagship model or is it the SmallHD 703?
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 11-30-2020 at 10:22 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Is the CLAR Max separate ballast and control box so there are three pieces to it (making it more of a hassle to deal with like the original 300D), or is the ballast and control unit on the same piece?
    Two pieces. Box that sits on the ground and then the light head. The floor box takes 4 VMounts or a power cable with a Neutrik locking connector.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

3. Collapse Details
    I also just pre-odered the Litepanels Gemini 1x1 kit. The 1x1 is $1700, about $400 off with savings today, and the kit comes with $1000 worth of accessories for just $400 more, for $2100 total.

Eight minutes left. What else. I need a new 7" monitor because one of my SmallHD 702s died and the other one has lots of problems. Buy another SmallHD so it can die too?

I wonder if Feelworld is worth getting.

I need to get one of those SmallHD/Tereadek setups too, but they cost a pretty penny so maybe not today. SmallHD is also becoming like Red; so many options it gets confusing to know which one to get. Is the SmallHD Cine 7 the flagship model or is it the SmallHD 703?
    Cine 7 is their flagship, and the Indie 7 is their midrange, and Focus 7 being their entry level.

The 703 is only in Highbright. I think it does 2200nits. And the 700 series is "legacy", and probably around as long as they have stock, but I have no actual information about the future of those products, but their product line-up has gotten crowded with new and old products coexisting and overlapping.

The Cine 7 is supposedly DCI accurate in the 100nits mode, but can go up to 1800nits. Is their most versatile monitor. BUT, sometimes they have a purple bleed on the edge of their screen, supposedly cause by the anti reflective coating, according to smallHD staff. So, just look for it, and swap it out. however, they all seem to have it, so as long as it isn't bleeding into the image when looking straight on, I guess it's ok?

Transvideo is pretty good for Arri owners. But they start at $1500 and go up from there. I think their high bright 7 inch is over $3K.

TVlogic is on par with SmallHD, but traditionally better colour. Been a while since I compared. They seem to only have a 3600nits 7" at this time, and then 5.5 and 9 and 10 inch monitors. They do recognize Arri data.

All the chinese brands haven't shook out yet. They are new tech, and have some cool specs, but ultimately a wild card. But given SmallHD's recent flubs, the purple issue, the easily breaking parts, I can't see why not to go for a Chinese brand.
    Last edited by James0b57; 11-30-2020 at 11:49 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    It's just very soft. People like to put up 4x4 and 8x8 fabrics and push through those. This is sort of in-between the 2 (closer to 4x4). But yes you can pull it back without it getting super hard, and for lighting head to toe softly and evenly

The height/width is not unusably big in practice. But it's about 3' from front of modifier to back of COB housing, so you can't use it in a tight space
    In-case Eric already went to bed, I'll fill in.

beavis-and-butthead-e1593622396850.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Apparently the CLAR 500 is on sale all week.

The temptation continues....

6. Collapse Details

I think someone said earlier that it was $700 before Black Friday / Cyber Monday as well.

7. Collapse Details
    My hypothetical future wife loves when I buy gear because she knows the gear is profitable and will enable her to live a more comfortable lifestyle as a result of the vast profits.
    Just do what I did and marry a sugar momma. It's a lot easier to
    keep your business going. My wife is smart and has a real
    business that actually makes money. That way she can
    subsidize my video business.......sort of like the old saying
    about how it's easy to make a million dollars on a movie.
    Just start by spending 10 million to make a movie......

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Congrats! Always cool when it is something you actually need and a great deal!

As a collective group we are doing pretty frugal this year. What is our total for the weekend, just the $55 bag right?
    Rollerblade wheels with bearings ;oP and BMD ATEM Mini Pro :(.

9. Collapse Details

It’s been $695 for over a month. I paid that back in October.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

10. Collapse Details
    I splurged & bought a DSC Labs Pocket OneShot for $80, and UURig magnetic filter holder (knock off of Xume) for $17.

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast