Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    My wife says I should stop frequenting dvxuser because she says it's a GAS factory
    My hypothetical future wife loves when I buy gear because she knows the gear is profitable and will enable her to live a more comfortable lifestyle as a result of the vast profits.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    There's no Anton Bauer mount option for the CLAR lights?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    My hypothetical future wife loves when I buy gear because she knows the gear is profitable and will enable her to live a more comfortable lifestyle as a result of the vast profits.
    She sounds like a smart woman. Hopefully the imaginary kids take after her in that regard.

4. Collapse Details
    Well gosh, I sure hope she's smart. I don't want to marry an idiot!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Cool light. But for the $1,500.00 on sale, I could buy three of the Godox VL300s and have more flexibility assuming I only occasionally needed to key
    with that much power like through a 4x4, 6x6 or 8x8. I like the two and three light bars from Matthews. But seems like a good deal for a powerful single instrument.
    The one thing I'd say is that I regularly use a 330w (from Nicefoto) cob through a 60" octabox with 2 layers of diffusion. It's an umbrella open softbox and setting the whole thing up is wicked fast and only requires one light stand.

There have been situations where I wanted to use both layers of diffusion but had to pull one because the light wasn't strong enough. If I had some more power, i could probably keep both layers or pull the light back to light more area when wanted. Could be useful!

And I bought my 330w for $700ish when I got it... definitely a cheap chinese light, but the build quality has made me happy so far. Color is good. Happy customer. Basically the same price as the CLAR

Still, I dont think I'm personally going to buy the CLAR 500 because I'm basically doing fine. Maybe next year
    Last edited by ahalpert; 11-30-2020 at 06:59 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah but that's not GAS. But I tell my wife the same thing ("this is going to make us so much money!")

7. Collapse Details
    My actual present wife loves when I buy gear because I use it to shoot her projects.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    My actual present wife loves when I buy gear because I use it to shoot her projects.
    Your wife was a present? Did you get her for Christmas? Christmas is coming up soon so I'm hoping to get lucky.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    That's the best GAS strategy I've ever heard

"Look what I bought for YOU"

10. Collapse Details
    I don't know if I should be proud of myself but I didn't buy any new gear. I wanted the VL300 but I'm not dropping $500 on a light that I don't have to have and won't make me more money. Unfortunately I don't have the clients who will pay for it. I don't find these Black Friday sales very good. The vast majority of retailers use it to move of less desirable items. On the one hand I like getting gear before I need it so I'm fluent with it before taking it on a job. On the other hand you can buy gear then have it sit and depreciate.

We are currently in a weird time where there is not a lot of video work and yet very high demand for all video related gear. I'm tempted to buy things for the fear in the event I need something for a job it will be out of stock.
    Last edited by Peter C.; 11-30-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast