Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Yeah, right...

Let's see, what have I ordered in the last week...

Ordered several pair of pants from Duluth (-20%, I think).

Tilta Nucleus-M remote follow focus (-10%).

Aputure 600d (possible early adopter tax).

Dyson V11 Cordless Vac (-$100).

Funny enough(or is it), the vacuum is more expensive than the follow focus. And will probably get used WAY more, as well.

Dang, that reminds me, I need to get a Tilta Nucleus. Crap. I am beginning to cave.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    My purchases total one refurb Roomba...
    Winning!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    Isn't that so true, Abe? And sometimes it's the small accessories that can give you that just-right feeling...

I'm not sure the sling fits my needs, but I'm definitely considering it.
    It addresses a specific (and unfortunate) circumstance where I need to carry gear while operating ronin. I need to do it frequently for shooting couples portraits at weddings. I have to keep up with photogs while trekking across scenic landscapes, pausing briefly for shots or shooting on the go. The other circumstance is carrying and monitoring an audio recorder and wireless lavs while operating ronin.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Dang, that reminds me, I need to get a Tilta Nucleus. Crap. I am beginning to cave.
    e5b5d162f5dc1f7b6acb359b8212f503.jpg

My wife says I should stop frequenting dvxuser because she says it's a GAS factory

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    e5b5d162f5dc1f7b6acb359b8212f503.jpg

My wife says I should stop frequenting dvxuser because she says it's a GAS factory
    Pedal! Pedal! GAAAAAS Pedal!

6. Collapse Details
    So far...

2x ProGrade Digital V90 cards for the new C70 (whenever it shows up)
    Audio Technica M50x headphones (for editing)
    A video course on the business side of video production (I need all the help I can get there)
    Yet another LUT pack (I need to stop, they almost never seem to look as good as they do in the demos)

I am still on the fence about lights. I'm leaning towards letting it slide for another year. I've been making it work so far with my 575w HMIs and Lightstorm LS1s. The C70's cleaner image at ISOs 800 and 1600 should make my life considerably easier (coming from the C200). Plus, my regular gaffer is adding two 600Ds to his arsenal.

I really want to preorder the new Accsoon CineEye 2 (not Pro) but I need to read/watch some reviews first to make sure that it's actually more reliable than the first.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    )
    I am still on the fence about lights. I'm leaning towards letting it slide for another year. I've been making it work so far with my 575w HMIs and Lightstorm LS1s. The C70's cleaner image at ISOs 800 and 1600 should make my life considerably easier (coming from the C200). Plus, my regular gaffer is adding two 600Ds to his arsenal.
    My gut feeling is that if you weren't shopping around for something already, you shouldn't let a BF discount lure you into buying. But maybe you were shopping for lights already?

The funny thing for me is I've gone from 25% editing/75% shooting before the pandemic to making 75% of my money from editing now (no idea if that will last.)

But I have zero interest in buying new computers, monitors, hard drives or software.

I spent upwards of $13k on camera and sound gear this year but I still get by editing on a 2017 MBP I bought used for $1500 (thank you FCP proxy workflow!) This allocation of resources probably indicates that I'm a bad businessman...

I mean, the computer doesn't slow me down at all. It's totally adequate or I would replace it. I just get no excitement from the prospect

8. Collapse Details
    Just had an idea - LED manufacturers should make the fans super fast so the pitch is higher and easier to EQ out of the audio later. Is that plausible?
    Or, and here is a totally radical idea, why not just make them quiet in the first place?? Hmmmm
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoboy View Post
    DJI is having some some substantial sales on their Ronins and drones.
    Pros of buy at a discount NOW:
    -You get a discount
    -Tax policy may change (I don't know if DJI is charging tax. Adorama was not last year, but started this year)
    -You have time in the pandemic to test the crap out of your gear.
    -The US dollar is projected to drop against most currencies over the next 5 years.
    -You feel like you're doing something "artistic".

Cons of Gear Acq Syndrome during a Pandemic:
    -After you're done testing, it just sits on a shelf.
    -Your warranty runs out before you even use it on a real shoot. It breaks on the first day.
    -You muse how you never buy anything that appreciates in value. Like a house.
    -That hole in your soul is still there when you look down at your chest.
    -There's a reasonable chance you could die if not from the virus, then from the debt, and your kin folk will have no idea how much your gear is worth, nor do they give a rat's ass, so they just dump it off to a bulk Ebay seller.
    And if only you'd waited until 2021 then you could have bought that bargain priced piece of equipment from an eBay seller for even cheaper than the Black Friday prices! Which some other sucker had bought today, and was forced to sell off.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Haha. I think about this from time to time. Maybe I need to write up an inventory and price list to include in my will.
    Not a bad idea! Got to remind my Next of Kin to look at my insurance spreadsheet after I die, so they know what I insured everything for. (which gives a rough proxy for their value at some point in time)

does anyone have experience with these peak design slings? the 5 liter version is 45% off - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...g_5l_sage.html

not sure if it's big enough for my purposes. the 10 liter version is 44% off, though maybe it's too big for what I need... https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...k.html/reviews

I'm looking for a bag to wear while I gimbal and carry a couple prime lenses (maximum size samyang 85 fe + sigma 24-70 fe), mirrorless camera batteries, a filter case and lens tissues. or a zoom f6 and 2 sennheiser g3 receivers instead of the lenses

I want it to be small, hug close to the body, and not limit my maneuverability. a sling seems like what the doctor ordered, no? a small backpack could do but I think they're too bulky and I don't need that much space. a messenger bag hangs too loosely and can bump into doorframes etc

the lowepro passport sling is also half off - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...iii_black.html

not sure if it's as comfortable...certainly has less fashionable design but if that's the only difference, then it looks good
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._vest_for.html

How about a chest harness?
    Last edited by IronFilm; 11-30-2020 at 03:39 AM.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Or, and here is a totally radical idea, why not just make them quiet in the first place?? Hmmmm
    I think that post has been dunked on sufficiently already

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast