Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 459
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Peter C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    377
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Only three reviews: One collected as part of a "promotion", one declaring it garbage, and the third the guy just bought it yesterday and probably has yet to lay eyes on it. Couple that with the price drop from $3K to $600 and red flags spring up in the air and you have to wonder. Are you getting the steal of the year or are they dumping junk while they can?
    My thoughts exactly (I edited my previous post). Could be that the features and looks are dated aren't what a consumer wants. The reviews could be missing because it was so over priced no one would buy it. One thing for sure when you buy something older and out of the norm you're taking a risk.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter C. View Post
    I saw an HP monitor on sale. I'm temped because its $2k monitor now only $699. I've decided against it because of its higher dci resolution it might not play well with a mac either leaving black bars or scale oddly.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mcolor_p3.html
    That would have been an instant buy for me had i seen it earlier (and if i didn’t buy an Eizo CG earlier this year, though, to your point, the Eizo is probably better suited to my current needs. But 31” 4K DCI would have been amazing. Will have to stand y for the OLED 48” LG i suppose)

    But i am kind of glad i didn’t catch it before it got sold out.
    Last edited by James0b57; 11-28-2020 at 04:16 PM.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    8,941
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter C. View Post
    My thoughts exactly (I edited my previous post). Could be that the features and looks are dated aren't what a consumer wants. The reviews could be missing because it was so over priced no one would buy it. One thing for sure when you buy something older and out of the norm you're taking a risk.
    I know you said you need a computer sooner rather than later so this doesn't help, but if you didn't and you could wait then the money you've spent on the Mac Mini and the budget you said you have available for a monitor (around $1K I believe) would most likely get you a very nice M1 iMac in the future.

    IMO, there is nothing better than one of those beautiful machines for people that spend a lot of time in front of larger screens.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,048
    Default
    ok i bought the impact kleenex kit. now it just says back-ordered, delivery estimate not available, so i guess a lot of other people did too. which gives me plenty of time to reconsider


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,048
    Default
    oh btw hulu w/ads is on sale for $2/month for a year right now. (i guess they do that every year?) i snagged it because it's a churn-proof price, much as i hate ads.

    the only problem is that now the marginal cost of disney+ for me is $10/month so I may never see the mandalorian...tho i guess we could binge it in a single month. i hear that spca types were pissed that baby yoda ate someone's eggs. but i haven't even seen season 1


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Default
    Part of me thinks buying new clothes and watches are the thing to get during these fall sales, come out of lockdown with some fresh threads.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,048
    Default
    Oh, fashions come and go. But lenses are forever. Lenses are a girl's best friend. A lens in time saves nine. A lens in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush.

    Plus, with a beautiful lens hanging around your neck, who will even notice what else you're wearing?


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Oh, fashions come and go. But lenses are forever. Lenses are a girl's best friend. A lens in time saves nine. A lens in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush.

    Plus, with a beautiful lens hanging around your neck, who will even notice what else you're wearing?
    What kind of fashions do you wear to work, that they go out of fashion in a year? Haha.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Default
    Speaking of cheap COB lights, this is a BOGO
    https://www.gvmled.com/products/copy...nwQlX-GXClEnKA

    80w little kickers with native bowens mount is not too shabby, but i have no experience with these lights or this brand


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    11,334
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Speaking of cheap COB lights, this is a BOGO
    https://www.gvmled.com/products/copy...nwQlX-GXClEnKA

    80w little kickers with native bowens mount is not too shabby, but i have no experience with these lights or this brand
    These are lower tier Chinese than Godox or Aputure. Not saying they are bad but they definitely aren't super desirable lights.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •