Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Those are like Adorama's Green Extreme...probably come from the same factory, ha.

Battery production is pretty trivial these days.

https://www.adorama.com/gxlpe6.html

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Impact? Oof, that's some disposable gear. Really cheap but you get what you pay for.
    I dunno, I heard it can take an impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Oh yeah? With the discount, they're priced similarly to the Glow scrim kit from adorama. Usually they're priced higher than the Glow. My Glow 60" octabox has been good to me so far. I'll be gentle!
    I'm a snob with grip equipment, American or Matthews is the only stuff I consider to be pro level stuff that will last decades. All of the other stuff is disposable Kleenex.
    I have half a dozen of the Nice Foto parabolic softboxes to go with all of my Godox lights. They are cheap Chinese. If I can get half a dozen shoots out
    of them, I will be happy, they're cheap enough to consider disposable compared to my Chimera softboxes. Nothing wrong with buying Kleenex as long as you know you are buying Kleenex ;-)
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    I dunno, I heard it can take an impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI
    Very appropriate!
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    I saw an HP monitor on sale. I'm temped because its $2k monitor now only $699. I've decided against it because of its higher dci resolution it might not play well with a mac either leaving black bars or scale oddly.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mcolor_p3.html

6. Collapse Details
    That’s the one I linked in your other thread...thing is $3K!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I'm a snob with grip equipment, American or Matthews is the only stuff I consider to be pro level stuff that will last decades. All of the other stuff is disposable Kleenex.
    I have half a dozen of the Nice Foto parabolic softboxes to go with all of my Godox lights. They are cheap Chinese. If I can get half a dozen shoots out
    of them, I will be happy, they're cheap enough to consider disposable compared to my Chimera softboxes. Nothing wrong with buying Kleenex as long as you know you are buying Kleenex ;-)
    When it comes to stands and most grip stuff, i tend to go heavy duty. Impact c-stands i’ve seen do the job, but leave a disconcerting feeling. However for little 18”x’s travel kit, i’d be ok with some impact gear. Impact is to grip as smallrig is to camera, just somehow end up with at least one piece from them in your kit.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    That’s the one I linked in your other thread...thing is $3K!
    It seems designed and better suited to be a dedicated display monitor. If you film and edit DCI (which I don't) its native resolution will match. I've had bad luck buying things because it's a good deal rather than paying more and getting what I need instead. It's hard to tell how well it would interface with the new mac and how it would deal with the resolution. The problem with monitors ordered online is its expensive to ship back. You either waste time and money or keep it even if you're not happy with it.

The high cost of it's initial release had to do with being true 10bit color which is expensive to produce and the built in color calibrator which is nice. It sounds to be a bit over priced for pro market which didn't represent it's true value. It's probably $1,500 monitor but already 3 yearsaor old, outdated big bezels, no HDR, or fast refresh for gaming...probably making it difficult to sell to ordinary consumers.
    Last edited by Peter C.; 11-28-2020 at 03:47 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    ... Back in the 1970's and 80's, there were also a lot of privately owned consumer electronic chains in LA, which paid a reasonably high commission rate.
    Those LA consumer electronics ads in the '80s where hilarious and relentless. My favorite ad, while pushing what a great deal they had and you couldn't pass it up and wanted you to get to the store now said "call in sick, what the hell". The announcer for those ads was quite a character. That along with Cal Worthington and his dog Spot.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter C. View Post
    I saw an HP monitor on sale. I'm temped because its $2k monitor now only $699. I've decided against it because of its higher dci resolution it might not play well with a mac either leaving black bars or scale oddly.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mcolor_p3.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Thatís the one I linked in your other thread...thing is $3K!
    Only three reviews: One collected as part of a "promotion", one declaring it garbage, and the third the guy just bought it yesterday and probably has yet to lay eyes on it. Couple that with the price drop from $3K to $600 and red flags spring up in the air and you have to wonder: Are you getting the steal of the year or are they dumping junk while they can?

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast