1. Collapse Details
    Timecode match betwen 1 FS7 + XDCA and 2 FS5 cameras
    I have a shooting of a choir in one week and wanted for the first time to match my 3 cameras with timecode.
    So far I just used a clap for an audio peak and synchronised in Premiere by hand (you get some expertise on this after some tries).

I know FS7 with the extension has TC in and Out - i guess FS5 has just TC Out?

Is there a reasonable way to sync all 3 so I have the exact match in Premiere without guessing?

If I just want to sync 1 FS5 to the Fs7 how does that work (can you give me a step by step procedure)?

1) FS5 set to Free Run and Preset
    2) SDI cable from FS5 out to XDCA TC IN?
    3) Set XDCA Switch to TC IN
    4) Set Menu TC Settings on FS7 to???

There is also a hack to sychronize two fs5 by the remote control reset - could that be helpful?

Please help
    Last edited by Plini; 11-19-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typos

2. Collapse Details
    Pluraleyes...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I found a solution myself - all 3 are responding to the remote control TC Reset button...
    So I just set them all on Free Run and press the Reset on the remote control et voila they are in sync

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    looked at it - a nice solution which is more flexible for slomo

5. Collapse Details
    One other thing to remember -- speed of sound.

Premiere itself has an audio sync function built in that will line up the waveforms, so no need for pluraleyes with Premiere Pro.
    (Of course it can also synchronize by time codes.)
    If you're trying to use audio to sync, you need to remember that if you're relying on mics on the cameras, sound arrives at your distant shots slightly later than at your closer ones.
    At 25 fps the sound travels at just under 14 meters per frame. So realistically you may start to notice sync issues if you're 30 meters from your subject (or even closer with critical movements) and you're syncing with camera mic audio - and 30m is not that far away if you're in a church or concert hall. (Of course you don't have this issue if all the cameras have audio feeds from a mic that's close to your subject.)
    So remember that while a hand clap is good for synchronizing cameras -- make sure that all the cameras can actually see it -- and then use the VISUAL of the hand clap for your actual sync point -- not the audio of the clap...

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Get a Tentacle Sync E for each camera, and feed it into the audio input, then use that to sync up in post.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding