Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ordered mine from Terry and it already shipped out. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AlkaliDigital View Post
    Ordered mine from Terry and it already shipped out. Can’t wait for it to arrive!
    Congrats! This camera didn't get me right away, but all of a sudden, I find myself thinking this is the most exciting 2020 camera for me.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AlkaliDigital View Post
    You need to pacify us with a user report as soon as you get it and use it to shoot something interesting! Congratulations, you're going to love it.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I need real-world feedback on image quality and usability. And let us know how well the face-tracking autofocus works!
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

5. Collapse Details
    I might be pumping the brakes on this camera until they get this sorted. Smooth AF is a must for me.

6. Collapse Details
    First time I've heard anyone think the C200's AF is great and prefer it over the mirrorless cameras (which are clearly better).

7. Collapse Details
    The same guy has another video that directly compares the EOS-R's DPAF to the C200's:

The EOS-R's autofocus is easier to access (one-touch, no buttons) and may be stickier, but he concludes that the C200 focuses and transitions more smoothly. That sounds like it could be right though this video was posted before the v1.4 firmware update for the EOS-R which improved Eye AF, and could potentially have smoothed out the focus pulls as well.

I just picked up an R and it has the latest firmware, so maybe I should see for myself.

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah...I think it wouldn't be correct to make a final and solid conclusion from one test.

I owned the EOS R and the 5D Mark IV and the 1DX Mark II (returned it) and didn't find the rack focuses/transitions jarring.

And this was one of my own tests from the summer when I briefly had the R5.

After the 45 second intro, you can see a few examples of slower pulls within a minute or two.

IMO, it's all about the lens and environment circumstances (sometimes the same test back-to-back may result in different findings).

9. Collapse Details
    Picked mine up tonight. Feels really nice handheld with the EF 35mm F2 IS. I picked up the 24-105 RF to go with it.

The CP menu has really been crippled. Did they simplify it a ton on the C300 Mkiii as well? The only gamut available when shooting in C-Log 2 is C.Gamut. I always liked BT.709... BT.709 is however, is still available when shooting in C-Log 3.

More concerning, C-Log 2 clips at 85 IRE at native 800 ISO. Seems strange... On the C300 Mk2, I am pretty sure it clips at 105 or 106. It goes beyond 100 from my recollection. Am I missing something here?

My brand new v90 300 mbps 128gb Sandisk is showing a "the memory card is not compatible with the camera." Not sure what that's about...
    Last edited by Ben_Ericson; 12-03-2020 at 12:41 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Fingers crossed it all works out. Or at least a firmware addresses those concerns

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast