Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmorphasis View Post
    No errors whatsoever with the Prograde card.

If you are a FB user, you may want to consider joining the C70/C300mk3 group. Lots of user experience there with things like memory cards having been tested by plenty of folks. So far, I've seen no issues reported on Prograde cards.
    Not making any claims about these newer cards but I bought a pair of expensive ProGrade V60 cards for our X-T3s and one right after the other, they both stopped working. I called ProGrade and they suggested a high level erase and reformat using a Mac or PC,
    which I did and the error problems persisted. They said I could send them back and "they would look at them", but I threw them in the trash instead. I would stick with brands that perform more reliably. I'm pretty soured on ProGrade.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    I agree with R&G. Remote Audio makes solid cables. So does Markertek (In fact I just received two short Markertek cables today). Remote also works through dealers, so perhaps your favorite dealer can get you one of their off-the-self cables (if there's one that fits your needs). Note that I don't mind making my own cables and have literally made hundreds (was part of my job way way back when). But I don't keep a wide variety of connectors around and some (like tiny lemos) are just a pain. Remote Audio and Markertek have just about every possible connector in stock and will make me a cable probably as quickly as I can order the connectors from Digikey or wherever. And they are solid and reliable companies.

https://remoteaudio.com/

https://www.markertek.com/custom/cables
    Last edited by Jim Feeley; 01-09-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I would stick with brands that perform more reliably.
    And what brands do you consider those to be out of "AngelBird ($350), Delkin ($429), ProGrade ($215), and Kingston ($193)"?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Not making any claims about these newer cards but I bought a pair of expensive ProGrade V60 cards for our X-T3s and one right after the other, they both stopped working. I called ProGrade and they suggested a high level erase and reformat using a Mac or PC,
    which I did and the error problems persisted. They said I could send them back and "they would look at them", but I threw them in the trash instead. I would stick with brands that perform more reliably. I'm pretty soured on ProGrade.
    Dang. That's a bummer to hear. I'm too new to their cards to have a strong opinion, but two cards failing in a row is a terrible track record and would make me sour on a brand as well.

I've had a couple of sandisk cards fail on me, but that's after many years of using that brand and definitely not two in a row.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    And what brands do you consider those to be out of "AngelBird ($350), Delkin ($429), ProGrade ($215), and Kingston ($193)"?
    A lot of especially European users have had very good things to say about Angelbird cards.
    I would avoid ProGrade of course. Delkin I've never used. Kingston used to be pretty good
    but I've never tried their V90 cards.

It's weird that Sandisk isn't offering a V90 SDCX card, but if they did I would be all over those.
    We use the Sandisk Extreme Pros with the X-T3s and so far, bulletproof and I have three X-T3s
    that have collectively recorded a LOT of hours to those cards.

What are the C70 owners using and saying? That would be the best indicator.
    I think a lot of it centers around the camera used and what the users are getting the best results with.
    I've been using the EgoDisk CFast 2.0 cards on the C200 and 300 MKII for years and they have been
    literally perfectly reliable, not a hiccup, glitch or dropped frame. Who would have known, they sounded
    like some cut rate off brand we had never heard of yet turned out to be as good or better than the Sandisks
    and Lexars that cost many times more money. I saved thousands of dollars NOT buying the two recommended
    by Canon cards and have had great results.

6. Collapse Details
    My CFExpress cards for my C300 Mark III and R5 are Delkin. They’ve been fine. I also have a V90 Kingston card that’s been solid in the R5.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Which RF to PL mount adapter should I get for the C70?

Tilta has one for $279 and Wooden Camera has one for $499.

8. Collapse Details
    I don't have specific advice because I havent tried any of the items you're naming but I do own several Wooden and Tilta accessories.
    I like Wooden stuff but like Zacuto, I feel their stuff tends to be a bit overpriced. Not grossly, but a lot of their stuff feels like you pick it
    up and say, yeah, this seems worth $300.00 but they sell it for $500.00. Not so much with Tilta, Tilta has some pretty inexpensive pieces
    that are really nice and don't cost much.

That said, since you own some really nice PL mount lenses, I would talk to someone who has used both, if you can find them. That will be
    one of your more important pieces of gear when you are using your PL lenses, got to have a great, snug, rock solid fit with your C70. And I would imagine
    a ton of lens support?

9. Collapse Details
    The only PL mount lenses I own are Arri Ultra Primes which are pretty lightweight at about 2.2 lbs each so they shouldn't need lens support. All of my Canon cinema lenses are EF mount, though according to Run&Gun I can remove the EF mount on my 17-120 and there's PL mount hidden in there or something, but I haven't tried it.

I don't think I know any C70 PL mount adapter owners. That's what DVXuser is for!

Yeah, SmallRig has a lot of things that Wooden Camera has at half or a third of the price and SmallRig's stuff is good. I just bought a C300 Mark III and accessorizing that and trying to decide between some Smallrig items and Wooden Camera items. $1600 for the C300 Mark III PL mount is going to hurt. That's even more money than Arri's PL mount.

10. Collapse Details
    I guess I'm leaning towards the Delkin cards.

I notice the top handle on the C70 feels rather brittle and unpleasant to the touch. I should still have a Rode Video Mic Pro laying around somewhere which I haven't used since my DSLR days. That may be a good fit for the camera to go straight on the hot shoe and perhaps a top handle isn't needed.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast