Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Figured I'd post this question outside of Terry's topic too so I can get some extra opinions.

What memory cards are recommended? I don't see any 512 GB available in V90 with from what I've gather V90 is best for the C70. I see AngelBird ($350), Delkin ($429), ProGrade ($215), and Kingston ($193) have 256 GB V90 cards. What's best?
    ProGrade 256gb seem to be the most popular.

I went with a couple Sandisk 128s to hold me over until they release the 256s.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm using Prograde V90 with solid results so far in all of the most demanding codecs/frame rates.

3. Collapse Details
    So I gather the ProGrades are currently out of stock everywhere. So you must have gotten yours before they were out of stock.

AngelBird packages their cards as being made for particular cameras but I don't know if that's just marketing or if the different cards are actually different. They have two card packages ranging from $700-$800 depending on which camera oriented one you get. I'd think to just get the $700 one if they're all the same.

4. Collapse Details
    So I gather the ProGrades are currently out of stock everywhere. So you must have gotten yours before they were out of stock.

AngelBird packages their cards as being made for particular cameras but I don't know if that's just marketing or if the different cards are actually different. They have two card packages ranging from $700-$800 depending on which camera oriented one you get. I'd think to just get the $700 one if they're all the same.
    Believe it or not, I actually bought mine used off of BH. They happen to have had one used 128GB card and I grabbed it since the camera was en route to me and I wasn't (still am not) 100% sure that this will be a keeper for my needs. I don't have any pressing shoots coming up where I'd need more space than that, so it's serving me well for all of the tests that I am shooting.

I just called Prograde and they say that they should be getting more 256 cards in stock later next week (Friday most likely). They sell directly from their site, but also then distribute to all the stores after they sort through their arrivals, so the week after next at the earliest is what he predicted over the phone call.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmorphasis View Post
    I'm using Prograde V90 with solid results so far in all of the most demanding codecs/frame rates.
    Do you get any errors when booting the camera? I use the fastest Sandisk V90 cards and get "this card not supported in this mode," in literally every setting. No drop outs or errors in 4K.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm using the Sony v90s with the C70 and they seem to work just fine.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by George Loch View Post
    I'm using the Sony v90s with the C70 and they seem to work just fine.
    Sony is currently limited to 128 GB though which only gives 41 minutes of Interframe 4K which I find limiting, particularly as I'm used to 82 minutes on my 256 GB CFast cards with my C300s. Granted, the C70 has Long GOP which I would imagine using more often, but I'd still want cards capable of handling decent record times in Interframe.

If it's just a week of waiting sounds like waiting for the ProGrades may be the way to go.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Ericson View Post
    Do you get any errors when booting the camera? I use the fastest Sandisk V90 cards and get "this card not supported in this mode," in literally every setting. No drop outs or errors in 4K.
    No errors whatsoever with the Prograde card.

If you are a FB user, you may want to consider joining the C70/C300mk3 group. Lots of user experience there with things like memory cards having been tested by plenty of folks. So far, I've seen no issues reported on Prograde cards.

9. Collapse Details
    What Mini-XLR to XLR setup are you all using?

I'm thinking to just get a short adapter cable, the shorter the better, to use with my existing XLR cables, as it means less cabling to pack since the bulk of the cabling can be used with any camera setup. Having trouble finding a short adapter that's in stock.

Found this one at 16" but I wouldn't mind a shorter one and it says 2-4 weeks for availability.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_male_to.html

Texas Media Systems has some 19" ones that say 3-7 days for shipping.

https://shop.texasmediasystems.com/B...I2_p_7268.html

10. Collapse Details
    What Mini-XLR to XLR setup are you all using?

I'm thinking to just get a short adapter cable, the shorter the better, to use with my existing XLR cables, as it means less cabling to pack since the bulk of the cabling can be used with any camera setup. Having trouble finding a short adapter that's in stock.

Found this one at 16" but I wouldn't mind a shorter one and it says 2-4 weeks for availability.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_male_to.html

Texas Media Systems has some 19" ones that say 3-7 days for shipping.

https://shop.texasmediasystems.com/B...I2_p_7268.html
    Call Remote Audio on Monday. They'll build whatever you want, custom. Of course, they probably already have those cables on-hand, but they're probably longer, like you've been seeing at B&H, TMS and others. But they can probably do the customs in a few days. They are usually my first call for any type of weird/custom audio cable/adapter if I can't find it off-the-shelf. I've had them make me all kinds of custom audio cables and adapters over the years for some of my weird(read: genius) ideas. They're making me some custom splitters for my Sanken Lav's right now, to split them to simultaneously feed my Lectro belt packs and Tentacle Track E's.

Markertek is also a good custom cable shop. Especially when you want/need custom cable colors, like for organization. But sometimes you have to do some hand-holding that isn't necessary with RA, and they can be very slow. The last batch of cables they did 100% custom for me took over a month. But they are especially good if you want/need cables in more than just black.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast