Thread: A74

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Well, that's the best thing you've ever said on here.
    I can't tell if this is a compliment? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    You learn how sucky these cameras and camera companies are, and then you just forget it all and focus on what you can change.
    I'm just venting. Ppl not in the business don't know what you're talking about and the ones who do, generally reconciled and accepted their fate. There's this funny youtube channel dedicated to his quest to find the perfect camera, voicing his dissatisfaction with these cameras and the equally inane users of said equipment. "All I want is the perfect camera..."
    Last edited by Peter C.; 12-05-2020 at 07:54 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Updated rumors -- 2021, 2nd or, more likely, 3rd Q, $2,500. Which means, it'll go against a year old R6. Which does have 10-bit 4K 60P.

Side note, Leica just released one with the "old" sensor for double the price and, like S1, only contrast detect AF.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Updated rumors -- 2021, 2nd or, more likely, 3rd Q, $2,500. Which means, it'll go against a year old R6. Which does have 10-bit 4K 60P.

Side note, Leica just released one with the "old" sensor for double the price and, like S1, only contrast detect AF.
    R6 had the worst rolling shutter and lowest dynamic range of any camera tested by CineD.

4. Collapse Details
    They probably didn't test it, but Sony's a6300/a6500 takes the record for the worst ever (like it's maybe a record).

Almost 10ms higher than the worst - 30ms - in the R6.

5. Collapse Details
    On an APS-C camera? That's embarrassing. And reminds me why I eschewed Sony for so long

6. Collapse Details
    That was from 2016 though and that sensor's 4K from its 6K oversample was better looking than many cameras at the time.

Back then I didn't know it, but it was just another Japanese hindrance to the product line.

Very good IQ for 2016 that only belonged on a tripod because they needed to protect other cameras. (Also had the worst overheating of any camera I can remember...which should be thought about again from a different mindset now years later.)

7. Collapse Details
    I feel like mirrorless video reached maturity with the GH5, xt3, a7s3, and we're still waiting on Canon

8. Collapse Details
    X-T3 was a big deal...4K/60p S35 for that price was an anomaly at that point (besides BM).

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpais View Post
    R6 had the worst rolling shutter and lowest dynamic range of any camera tested by CineD.
    Who do you believe more, Cine5D or your own lying eyes?

10. Collapse Details
    Sony's having a major promotional push now. A7RIV is off $500, A7III $300.

CP+ is at the end of the months and Sony has registered several new models already under their internal code numbers. One of them is presumably A1. Another is a likely RX bridge, which hasn't been updated in three years. The next on the "probable" docket is A7IV or A7RV, the latter a challenger to the likely high end photocentric Canon model.

Also, Panasonic and Nikon are rumored to bring out something similar to R5 but, if S1R and Z7 are any indication, they'll lack in performance and value.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345