Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Thank you, So timeline playback in CS6 have more to do with RAM speed and GPU than SSD/drive speed?
    My notebook has a slower i7 processor, also 64GB RAM, also running Windows 7, but NVME media drives vs SSD, and has a more powerful Quadro 8GB card vs the GTX 780 3GB in the desktop and it plays the timeline smoother. So I was unsure what is the main factor(s).

2. Collapse Details
    Clearing your cache in Premiere might make a difference as well.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    1. Get more RAM
    2. Run a disk clean up
    3. Uninstall unwanted applications
    4. Get more storage

4. Collapse Details
    I skimmed so apologies if I missed something. I know some of these are repeat but here's all my observations:

- You purchased all EVO drives, and, they are OLD evo drives (850 series 1TB EVO drives are only rated for 150tb write endurance). Go and check all of your individual models TBW write endurance, because you're probably getting bottlenecking on some (doubtful all). In the future, either purchase pro drives with higher endurance, or keep in mind the money you save on EVO drives will be spent upgrading them sooner.

- The quickest route to better performance would likely be doing a brand new fresh install on a brand new boot SSD. A virus is possible... but more likely, overtime, systems just get slower due to years of build up with registry entries, installing/uninstalling apps, etc. Nothing like it used to be in the past, but especially since you had some shenanigan's on your initial setup and you're running on a retro SSD, I'd start here. (yes, without delving deep into things, partitioning SSDs in strange ways especially on an old disk such as yours can affect TRIM and what not).

- Don't overlook your motherboard chipset temps, it's possible there's a problem there?

- Your system is old! So is mine. Actually, I am building a new desktop as we speak, my office has parts all over. I am upgrading a near identical system: I have a 3930k, 1TB Samsung 850 PRO boot drive, 64gb of RAM, etc that I am upgrading from. It's likely time for a total overhaul, but a few things in the interim might got a long way - especially your GPU (you could probably find a used 1080 TI for $250 early next year once 3000 series stock stabilizes). That and a new boot SSD! You could run programs like "memtest" to see if your RAM is starting to develop any additional errors.

- Premiere Pro CS6 is severely unoptimized for taking full advantage of your hardware. I get why you don't want to pay tribute to Adobe monthly, but if you'd be better off switching to Resolve at this point rather than using CS6.

My budget advice:

Run memtest, check mobo chipset temps and fans

$100 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (has 8x better endurance than the 850 evo and is CHEAP):
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-...7547678&sr=8-2

100% Fresh Install, no clone drive or transfers. You can plug back in all your other drives after the fact, but make sure its clean on the boot.

Consider $$$ GPU Upgrade (used 1080 TI q1 next year once prices stabilize and RTX 3000 is widely available? $500 for a 3060? etc. Do some shopping)

Switch to Resolve or pay the adobe tax to get better software optimization for your new GPU and UHD footage

Budget for a new build sooner than later

5. Collapse Details
    Oh, and when you clean install, get Windows 10!! I just saw that. Win 7 stopped being supported for security updates a while ago, making a virus more likely. Your system is vulnerable. Also, Windows 10 absolutely performs better than windows 7.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123