Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scouring the internet for the latest vote update. Found this from one state : Trump 48%, Biden 46%, Covid 12%. The last candidate, apparently, did a lot of in-state campaigning.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    "Borgen" It sucked me right in. Full of political intrigue. Have watched all three series and and will watch the next. It has become the #1 watched show in 17 European countries. Well written, well directed, well acted and good DP work. Think of a Danish "West Wing" but with far more international twists from Iceland to Afghanistan. Danish TV at its best. On Netflix. From the same people who did the original "The Killing." Not the American Killing spin off. Whilst not specifically political like Borgen The Killing does reach high into government political circles.

Chris Young

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Scouring the internet for the latest vote update. Found this from one state : Trump 48%, Biden 46%, Covid 12%. The last candidate, apparently, did a lot of in-state campaigning.
    LOL!

Chris

4. Collapse Details
    +1 for Borgen - absolutely riveting. There was a show on Amazon Prime from France called Baron Noir about a small-time French politician's rise and fall and rise etc... - really excellent but unfortunately, after season one, the Amazon subtitling was so awful as to be indecipherable.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned The Thick of It and Veep - masterpieces of political satire.

5. Collapse Details
    I'm incredulous that no DVXUser has posted that they watch Armando Ianucci's poltical satire.
    It's ten times more witty, hilarious and vicious than anything else posted here. Open your horizons to
    the Scots

1. In The Loop
    2. The Thick of It
    3. Veep
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    Any political spoof video from a good Youtube channel will do it for me

7. Collapse Details
    Okay, it's ... well, it's not actually political, or a show, but it's possible that there may be someone on earth who hasn't heard of Bad Lip Reading, so I thought I'd put this one here because I found it to be one of their most entertaining ever:

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I'm incredulous that no DVXUser has posted that they watch Armando Ianucci's poltical satire.
    It's ten times more witty, hilarious and vicious than anything else posted here. Open your horizons to
    the Scots

1. In The Loop
    2. The Thick of It
    3. Veep
    I think I saw in the loop...can't quite remember...

Is Veep better than Iannucci's newer show, Avenue 5? I couldn't make it through the pilot of Avenue 5. It felt very forced... like it was very in-your-face why each character was silly, selfish, or stupid. it all seemed more funny in theory than in practice and I don't think I laughed...

9. Collapse Details
    Isn't all art political... or the good stuff, anyways ;)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Isn't all art political... or the good stuff, anyways ;)
    yeah I was developing an exhaustive list in my mind of every movie that crosses paths with politics - either government or just social power/control. star wars, after all, is all about a war to overthrow an empire and resurrect a representative democracy (or some sort of republic). but i suppose for our purposes we can limit the discussion to movies that narrowly focus on politicians?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast