Thread: CineMatch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Drat! Wish I'd waited. Oh well. I've already used Cinematch on a project, with impressive results.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Drat! Wish I'd waited. Oh well. I've already used Cinematch on a project, with impressive results.
    Email them and ask for the discount now?

3. Collapse Details
    Looks like with the Black Friday pricing their Nitrate upgrade from standard film convert is actually maybe worth it, $59.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Email them and ask for the discount now?
    I'm going to let it go. It's a good product that I needed quickly and I couldn't wait until Black Friday. I thought it was definitely worth the price a month ago. This week, it's a steal.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow! Consider me SUPER impressed. Here's two similar shots from a film I'm working on at the moment, A-cam was the Sony F55, B-cam was the Fuji X-T3 on a gimbal (for just a couple of shots).

Matching the Fujis to Sony cameras is BRUTAL. I've shot colour charts with them both, and done some manual matching, and after a lot of work can get them close-enough (Davinci's Colour Transform tool is no good for the combo). But it's a lot of work.

Dropped Cinematch in, a couple of quick tweaks, and boom, we can slip the Fuji clips in without anyone noticing. I'm off to put down my hard-earned for it now.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Wow! Consider me SUPER impressed. Here's two similar shots from a film I'm working on at the moment, A-cam was the Sony F55, B-cam was the Fuji X-T3 on a gimbal (for just a couple of shots).

Matching the Fujis to Sony cameras is BRUTAL. I've shot colour charts with them both, and done some manual matching, and after a lot of work can get them close-enough (Davinci's Colour Transform tool is no good for the combo). But it's a lot of work.

Dropped Cinematch in, a couple of quick tweaks, and boom, we can slip the Fuji clips in without anyone noticing. I'm off to put down my hard-earned for it now.

That is VERY impressive! Aside from the edge sharpness (much more pronounced on the XT4), those shots match impeccably.

7. Collapse Details
    That's a really good match. I had it match my Red One to my C200 and a BlackMagic Pocket 6K and it synced up the color just about perfectly. Money well spent!

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah I'm liking it. Not for matching cameras right now, but for changing the look to get BMD or Arri vibes from Panasonic footage. Nothing on a real project, just some tinkering on older footage. Cool. $149 is a no brainer, this will help in the future no doubt.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm currently editing a project that has c200, c500, r6, phantom 4, a7iii, fs5, and BM pocket cinema camera. Still need to see how much is log/raw but cinematch looks awesome.

Maybe we can feel more comfortable buying cross-brand cameras of different sizes?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123