Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Does the RP screen come out of the body and swivel and rotate? It sounds like it might be a better stills camera because it’s full frame versus the 90d, but it would require the adapter to allow me to use my Ef lenses??? It sounds like the downside is that it crops when shooting 4k video, but is that crop similar to the crop that the 90d does with full frame lenses? How do the focus systems compare? I would like a good focus system — especially for locking on eyes.
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    It also sounds like the to RP and 90d record the same quality video, right? They both do 24p now, right?
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

3. Collapse Details
    Maybe a Sony A6300 or A6500 & a Sigma MC-11 adapter.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    Does the RP screen come out of the body and swivel and rotate? It sounds like it might be a better stills camera because it’s full frame versus the 90d, but it would require the adapter to allow me to use my Ef lenses??? It sounds like the downside is that it crops when shooting 4k video, but is that crop similar to the crop that the 90d does with full frame lenses? How do the focus systems compare? I would like a good focus system — especially for locking on eyes.
    Research the cameras. You can see in any picture of the system how the LCD is designed.

The 90D has less of a crop. It's 1.6x versus 1.8x or so in the R/RP.

No adapter is needed if they are EF lenses. EF-S lenses can't be used on the RP (but can be used on the 90D).

DPAF is available in both, but there's no 4K DPAF in the RP (as mentioned).

You're reading these posts thoroughly, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    It also sounds like the to RP and 90d record the same quality video, right? They both do 24p now, right?
    Yes.

5. Collapse Details
    You're buggered at your budget. What you really want is an R6.

If you want autofocus, you'll need to stick with a Canon camera or else spend a bundle more on new lenses. (Although you could possibly buy a camera and one lens and keep to budget.)

I looked into the R. It could work and with a speedbooster deliver a decent crop factor. You have DPAF and log and 10-bit out. But it's a jello cam. Awful rolling shutter. Maybe you can live with it.

RP has no log and apparently no DPAF in 4k.

M6 mark ii if you could live with a tilting screen has no log I don't think.

Supposedly an APS-C RF camera will be released next year. But with a speedbooster, you're looking at probably $2000-2500.

You've gotta lose something... maybe see if you can live with the R jello

6. Collapse Details
    Ok I return to my initial recommendation- m6 ii with speedbooster.

You can load picture profiles into the camera and get something very flat:

Rolling shutter speed is acceptable.

Budget is maintained, even with a speedbooster.

A tilting screen can achieve a lot of the angles you need.

I think it's the best option for you short of spending $2600 on an R6 and an EF-RF adapter

7. Collapse Details
    If you go for the M6 Mark II, just keep in mind it overheats after about 45 minutes or so of continuous recording in 4K.

If you don't shoot for 45 minutes straight through it will never overheat.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    If you go for the M6 Mark II, just keep in mind it overheats after about 45 minutes or so of continuous recording in 4K.

The Canon M6 Mark II has video recording limit of 29 minutes 59 seconds (like most DSLRs and MLCs).

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
    The Canon M6 Mark II has video recording limit of 29 minutes 59 seconds (like most DSLRs and MLCs).
    lol. Meant 45 minutes of continuous recording in general. So 44 minutes and 58 seconds since you'd take 2 seconds to restart recording after the first and only stop.

Doesn't matter if it's in 30 minute blocks or 5 minute blocks (and you keep restarting). Camera will eventually overheat using it like that.

[And many DSLRs and mirrorless' don't have a limit anymore, including the Japanese versions of some models on eBay.]

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post

Not a shot at this post but in general, if you are doing an event shoot in 4K, your sense of appropriateness is probably misguided. Conference babble in 4K?! Please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast