Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DZOFILM Releases Vespid Full Frame Prime Cinema Lenses
    DZOFILM Releases Vespid Full Frame Prime Cinema Lenses

DZOFilm Cinema Lenses.jpg

- 16, 25, 35, 50, 90, 100, 125mm
    - $1249 each (the 90 mm Macro is $1499). $7799 for the whole set or $6499 for the set without the 90mm
    - T2.1 - T22 for all focal lengths
    - Magnetic rear elements: detachable rear ND filter
    - PL or EF Mount
    - APO Design
    - Weight 732 - 940g

http://lens.dzofilm.com/en/vespid-prime.html

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/10/...-in-ef-and-pl/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwDN...ture=emb_title

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    No e mount...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    No e mount...
    That's the beauty of the DZOFILM lens strategy. The magnetic rear elements Teddy mentioned include interchangeable adapters for L, X, E, and RF mounts.

If these lenses look as good as their other offerings it will be hard for me to resist them.

DZOFILM does need come up with a better marketing strategy than "Greatness in Trivialness." Something must be lost in the translation from Chinese to English.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Amazing price!

Like we knew they would, the Chinese are finally starting to take over the production gear space. Within a few years, I bet only highest end production will be using non Chinese cameras, lenses and lights.
    Cheap always wins eventually if the quality is good enough. No different than my Godox VL300s. Yes, I think the Aputure is probably built better, although they are Chinese too and of course, there are Arri, Mole,
    Creamsource, Intellytech, etc. that aren't Chinese companies although some of them are made or assembled in China. But you cannot beat the bang for the buck with the Godox and the light and build/features are definitely
    good enough for my work. I'd rather have an Arri version of the VL300 but it would be $4k to $6k if it said Arri on it versus $750.00 for the VL300.

I bet these new lenses will sell because they are so inexpensive and look like they perform fairly well.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    Small, light, inexpensive, but with good focus throw and distance markings, PL mount. If they have good IQ and consistency, what's not to like? I already own a set of Xeens but this would be the lighter option for PL. It would be nice if they also came out with an option for the Canon RF mount.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Amazing price!

Like we knew they would, the Chinese are finally starting to take over the production gear space. Within a few years, I bet only highest end production will be using non Chinese cameras, lenses and lights.
    Cheap always wins eventually if the quality is good enough. No different than my Godox VL300s. Yes, I think the Aputure is probably built better, although they are Chinese too and of course, there are Arri, Mole,
    Creamsource, Intellytech, etc. that aren't Chinese companies although some of them are made or assembled in China. But you cannot beat the bang for the buck with the Godox and the light and build/features are definitely
    good enough for my work. I'd rather have an Arri version of the VL300 but it would be $4k to $6k if it said Arri on it versus $750.00 for the VL300.

I bet these new lenses will sell because they are so inexpensive and look like they perform fairly well.
    Hopefully cheap and good anamorphic lenses are the next thing that happens.

7. Collapse Details
    The quality, durability and sophistication (not to mention innovation) of Chinese-manufactured products has increased as well. While the prices have stayed very low...

8. Collapse Details
    I've been considering buying a small set of the SLR Magics but these have my eye as well. They look like an amazing value and much easier to try to manually focus than my Canon still lenses.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    In the youtube video above at 3:05, why is the bokeh on some lights shaped like phases of the moon while others are nice circles?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    No e mount...
    why would you need that
    just kidding

The focus breathing is really remarkably low but the flare of 50mm and longer would be a no-go for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast