Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Last I checked most broadcasting in the United States is still provided in 1080i or 720p, so assuming the news channel is for television (and not YouTube), it sounds normal.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Last I checked most broadcasting in the United States is still provided in 1080i or 720p, so assuming the news channel is for television (and not YouTube), it sounds normal.
    Broadcasting in interlaced is an entirely different subject from shooting in interlaced. I don't have the statistics to back it up, but I'm willing to bet that most broadcast television, including the vast majority of local television production today, is being shot as 29.97 1080p. And when you broadcast a 29.97 1080p picture as a 1080i signal over the air it retains it's progressive look so there is no harm done and it looks fine. But shooting 60i and broadcasting it as 60i is damn ugly and I think a rarity today.

3. Collapse Details
    There's an interesting conversation about it here for anyone interested:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ever-shoot-60i

4. Collapse Details
    That was 13 years ago!
    :-)

5. Collapse Details
    Motion, bandwidth, post, legacy equipment, contracts with service providers...all of that reasoning still applies for some.

There's no doubt progressive is better but all of the above factor into decision-making by people in control.

I still see some people on here comment about watching standard-definition...things sometimes take a long time to change, lol.

6. Collapse Details
    I think the CBS Sunday Morning show is still protecting for 4x3.

7. Collapse Details
    I spoke with B&H today about my order of the body only version of the FX6. I had placed my order 14 minutes into the preorder period back on November 18th and still didn't make it into the first batch to be shipped. According to the customer service person I chatted with, they're expecting the next batch of body-only FX6s to arrive on February 10th. She also said someone ordering today wouldn't receive theirs until March 24th.

8. Collapse Details
    My best guess is I'm receiving mine late January at the earliest. Not because it matters when January is more or less dead when it comes to work and especially now when people are hesitant to interact closer with each other. I'm not in a hurry and my two FS7 will do just fine until the FX6 arrives. It will take a while before there's actual request for the FX6. It arrives when it does.

9. Collapse Details
    Read today that FX6 has got Netflix approval...not that this matters to me - but to some of you it might. Definitely on my potential "buy list" for Spring 2021 (even before that news).

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Brown View Post
    My best guess is I'm receiving mine late January at the earliest. Not because it matters when January is more or less dead when it comes to work and especially now when people are hesitant to interact closer with each other. I'm not in a hurry and my two FS7 will do just fine until the FX6 arrives. It will take a while before there's actual request for the FX6. It arrives when it does.
    Yeah same boat on arrival here I feel like, just sucks because I sold my fS5 and now having to do jobs with my A7R ii or rent for now until it arrives. Not end of the world but still a pain at times. Was also hoping to shoot some high speed spec world over the next few weeks.
    Florida Based Photographer & Cinematographer
    http://www.austinburke.photography/

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast