Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I will probably use my two FS7 for work and have the FX6 for YT videos until I get a request for it. My FS7 are in high demand still and I don't see this will change soon. It arrives when it does but if you already sold the FS5 I see you want it fast.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Brown View Post
    I will probably use my two FS7 for work and have the FX6 for YT videos until I get a request for it. My FS7 are in high demand still and I don't see this will change soon. It arrives when it does but if you already sold the FS5 I see you want it fast.
    Yeah I jumped on the fx6 early and sold my fs5 faster than expected to pay for most of the upgrade (just need to sell my odyssey 7Q+ now). Sold the fs5 for more my asking price which was set for more than I expected after the fx6 release so jumped on the chance to sell. I'd just buy a A7S to hold me over (though still have to deal with some audio issues) if it wasn't for the rumors of the A7 IV since I shoot a lot of stills and could use a camera that isn't as high mp as a A7R. All I know now is that gear is not an excuse for poor quality work haha, we have so many great camera and lighting options that are so affordable.
    Florida Based Photographer & Cinematographer
    http://www.austinburke.photography/

3. Collapse Details
    Approved by Netflix.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Approved by Netflix.
    imagem1.jpg

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    But they do thats the nutty thing .. its herd mentality when it comes to cameras and production .. which is good and bad depending on if you have bought the "right" camera.. if Netflix says its ok , production can sleep well in the knowledge that everyone else will be using it and they wont get "in trouble " for signing off on a new camera.. they just want safe in all aspects , crew and gear and to cover their arse and not get fired .. thats production in the modern world .. and hence Netflix approved is pretty much the industry wide seal of approval, even for those that will never shoot for Netflix in a month of Sundays .. the big boys in the playground said its ok ..

6. Collapse Details
    how does one get gigs for netflix?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Practice.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by C100Scottie View Post
    how does one get gigs for netflix?
    ? know / have an agent who knows .. a director or producer that gets a commission .. or.. shoot an incredibly interesting documentary that they buy ..

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny 123 View Post
    ? know / have an agent who knows .. a director or producer that gets a commission .. or.. shoot an incredibly interesting documentary that they buy ..
    Even if you shoot a fantastic doco that they end up buying up from you, you still do NOT need to use a "Netflix certified" camera for it.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Even if you shoot a fantastic doco that they end up buying up from you, you still do NOT need to use a "Netflix certified" camera for it.
    Yes I know .. but the question was "how does one get gigs for Netflix " nothing about what camera is needed .. ?

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast