Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSet View Post
    Another way to look at what's happening with focus is to be at a sharp angle to your bookcase (almost like looking down the row of books,) have color peaking on and see whether the focus point moves to the left or right as you zoom out. (It doesn't need to be a bookcase -- it could be something as simple as a flattened newspaper page taped to the wall. Of course the main thing is to make sure you're off-axis enough that only a small part of it is in focus...)
    Cool idea.

2. Collapse Details
    I wish they would just come out with an improved 28-135 II based on the mechanics of the 18-110. I assumed they would do this with FX9 but not yet. In the old d
    ays you could ask Sony for something like this but they don't seem to care for feedback anymore.

3. Collapse Details
    They will probably come out with a full-frame midrange zoom of the same caliber as their new autofocus cine 16-35, but who knows what the exact focal length range will be

4. Collapse Details
    There's a normal zoom lens for the FX6 and FX9 coming soon.

5. Collapse Details
    Do you have some secret info on this? are we talking an inexpensive Sony lens like the 18-110 or a genuine break the bank zoom that i can't afford?

6. Collapse Details
    Who knows when but Sony has definitely alluded to a range of lenses, quote "Sony also announced their intention to expand the FE C Cinema Lens line-up going forward." The lens on the left in this pic is a longer zoom of some sort.

Chris

https://sonycine.com/articles/sony-u...e-operability/

Cinema_lens_series.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah it's a holy trinity I think. The middle lens is the 16-35. The left is something like a 70-200. Judging by the size of the one on the right, I'm guessing it's a 24-70 or 24-105, something with about that range and ratio. I doubt it will have as much zoom ratio as the 28-135, so almost certainly not a true ENG ass-kicker. But still cool. If they go T3.1 like the 16-35 then it will probably be more like a 24-70. And the 2 upcoming lenses will probably cost at least as much as their $5500 cine 16-35

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Yeah it's a holy trinity I think. The middle lens is the 16-35. The left is something like a 70-200. Judging by the size of the one on the right, I'm guessing it's a 24-70 or 24-105, something with about that range and ratio. I doubt it will have as much zoom ratio as the 28-135, so almost certainly not a true ENG ass-kicker. But still cool. If they go T3.1 like the 16-35 then it will probably be more like a 24-70. And the 2 upcoming lenses will probably cost at least as much as their $5500 cine 16-35
    That'd be my guess too:

16-35mm T/3.1
    24-70mm T/3.1
    70-200mm T/3.1

If they work as well as it sounds like the 16-35mm does (strong manual mechanics in addition to auto focus), then it'd be an extremely useful (if incredibly camera-specific) set. Being able to flip to autofocus in an instant, then back to manual control the second you need to - that's a pretty enticing prospect.

9. Collapse Details
    28-80 is my guess. And then of course 70-200.

It’s like Zeiss all over again!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Weaver View Post
    28-80 is my guess. And then of course 70-200.

It’s like Zeiss all over again!

But presuming its rehoused lenses ,like the 16-35.. would it not be more likley to be 24-70 and 70-200.. either way they are going to way too front heavy for a fx6 hand held .. or even on many tripods.. ? .. a new 28-135 (albeit cheaper and more plastic ) ,but being 24-120 mm FF, with better manual functions would be better .. IMHO

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast