Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I've also just got a bunch of Mini V-locks in (which are about 750g lighter than my Anton Bauers), so there's weight being trimmed out all over the place.
    Sounds great. Did you look into mini gold mount or you're going with v-lock batteries for now because you own them?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Sounds great. Did you look into mini gold mount or you're going with v-lock batteries for now because you own them?
    As much as I dislike v-mounts (they come off way too easily), it’d be silly to switch over down here. Everything (cameras, monitors, lights) all uses v-mount plates.

The mini batteries are probably the single biggest development in camera tech in the last few years IMO, the weight and space savings are huge.

3. Collapse Details
    As much as I dislike v-mounts (they come off way too easily), it’d be silly to switch over down here. Everything (cameras, monitors, lights) all uses v-mount plates.

The mini batteries are probably the single biggest development in camera tech in the last few years IMO, the weight and space savings are huge.
    You could go mini gold mount for camera/monitors (hot swap dual adapter plate if needed) then really big/much cheaper v-mounts for lights.

It seems like the great batteries for small cameras like a 98wh aren't that good for LEDs and vice versa.

This is my plan anyway, keep adding the massive v-mounts for lights (and maybe larger monitor) and slowly get into the gold mount for camera/7 inch monitors.

Plus other people won't be able to use your gold mount batteries on set.

4. Collapse Details
    Bebob micros (I got Ab mount ones) are the jam. I love mine, bought 12 after I got down to half of my Dionics taking a poop. Anton no more.

Mark and I keep buying the same gear. Mark, youll love the RF motor. I got the cPro kit and it’s awesome. I’m getting a FX6 too for the people who don’t wanna spend for the Mini package.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Weaver View Post
    Bebob micros (I got Ab mount ones) are the jam. I love mine, bought 12 after I got down to half of my Dionics taking a poop. Anton no more.

Mark and I keep buying the same gear. Mark, youll love the RF motor. I got the cPro kit and it’s awesome. I’m getting a FX6 too for the people who don’t wanna spend for the Mini package.
    The Bebob micros look great. In Australia we get screwed for battery prices because they can't easily be shipped.

6. Collapse Details
    You could go mini gold mount for camera/monitors (hot swap dual adapter plate if needed) then really big/much cheaper v-mounts for lights.

It seems like the great batteries for small cameras like a 98wh aren't that good for LEDs and vice versa.

This is my plan anyway, keep adding the massive v-mounts for lights (and maybe larger monitor) and slowly get into the gold mount for camera/7 inch monitors.

I think that's a good strategy. The big 26v batteries won't give up the ghost as quickly as the little 14.4v ones do (lighting just hammers those poor batteries). So they should be a longer-lasting investment.

I think I'm probably a little too stuck in my ways of keeping everything in the kit as "universal" as possible. The more things you have that use the same standards, the easier it is to jury-rig a solution when things (inevitably) go wrong. That's why I like everything to be:

- Arri Dovetails
    - 15mm Rods + Clamps
    - V-Mount
    - PL-Mount
    - 3/8" Arri Locating Pin connectors

...or maybe I'm just a pedant?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Weaver View Post

Well they do say something about "great minds" thinking alike! :p

I think Mini + FX6 is probably the ideal pair of options - keeps all bases covered.

7. Collapse Details
    ...or maybe I'm just a pedant?!
    no question.

8. Collapse Details
    Wooden Camera announced some FX6 accessories:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/12/...6-accessories/

https://woodencamera.com/collections...=pr_collection
    Top Plate: $195.00 USD
    Unified Baseplate: $499.00 USD
    Battery Slide Pro V-Mount: $399.00 USD
    Battery Slide Pro Gold Mount: $399.00 USD
    E-Mount to PL Mount Pro: $499.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Base): $794.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Advanced): $974.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Pro, V-Mount): $1,473.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Pro, Gold Mount): $1,473.00 USD

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Wooden Camera announced some FX6 accessories:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/12/...6-accessories/

https://woodencamera.com/collections...=pr_collection
    Top Plate: $195.00 USD
    Unified Baseplate: $499.00 USD
    Battery Slide Pro V-Mount: $399.00 USD
    Battery Slide Pro Gold Mount: $399.00 USD
    E-Mount to PL Mount Pro: $499.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Base): $794.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Advanced): $974.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Pro, V-Mount): $1,473.00 USD
    Sony FX6 Unified Accessory Kit (Pro, Gold Mount): $1,473.00 USD
    Looks good. The PL-mount solution is definitely what I need.

Just something to be aware of though, Wooden Camera are using their pre-existing Venice/Ursa Mini baseplate for the FX6, but when I asked the guys at Bright Tangerine about this (as they have separate adapter plates for the FX6 and the Venice/Ursa Mini) they said the FX6 is 1.3mm higher than the Venice/Ursa Mini (which is why they've made a separate plate for it).

Now 1.3mm might be within the tolerance of your Matte Box's rod clamps, so that you can adjust for it without hassle. But it also might not be. So definitely something to be aware of.

If you're using a clamp-on matte box though, it shouldn't be any trouble. 1.3mm is no issue whatsoever for follow focuses or FIZ motors.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details

And you wont be able to nick thier Vlock to power your camera!

Personally I use BPU batts which are native in in Sony cams but I also have plates to run follow focus, small monitors whatever. I also have vlock which might run many items or larger ones.

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast