Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    FWIW I actually like the active steadyshot (EIS) of the A7SIII (aside from the fact that it crops 10%) and most of what I've posted from the camera has used it. I think it feels natural. The comparison video shows the superiority of Panasonic but it's not a good indicator/comparison of how the cameras look when the operator attempts to be stable
    Good to know.
    Last edited by Bassman2003; 11-18-2020 at 07:00 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I think the fx6 is going to replace the "dslr" sized camera all together in my kit. I think it checks off enough "small camera" boxes, while adding so much usability as a regular proper camera....

I currently have A7Sii, fs5, fs7.... and I will be selling the a7sii and fs5 setups, acquiring the fx6 for sure, and pondering the demise of my fs7 into the fx9.... still feels like I don't need to do that just quite yet. The fs7 still looks great and functions great 5 years on I've got the kit dialed in as well with super35 trio of zooms
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

3. Collapse Details
    What's your zoom trio, Wes?

4. Collapse Details
    I don't know if I will ever sell my FS7. Maybe my FS5 but they are all paid long ago and great cameras to have regardless of future camera purchases. But chances are once the FX6 arrives I prefer it to the FS7 as it's so small and I can stuff my bag with more things or just go very light. I can't think of anything more I'll need than what's inside the FX6, maybe just another one?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I would buy the FX6 in a moment, as I indicated in my article. But I sold the FS7 II due to lack of business and I just don't see anything returning in the short term. The FX6 really would do everything that I was doing with the FS7 but in a more compact form factor. I could always add external power if needed but being able to ditch the XDCA both for power and ProRes RAW output is a big thing. Hoping to get another loaner camera from Sony, this time with the 16-35 cinema lens.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
    I would buy the FX6 in a moment, as I indicated in my article. But I sold the FS7 II due to lack of business and I just don't see anything returning in the short term. The FX6 really would do everything that I was doing with the FS7 but in a more compact form factor. I could always add external power if needed but being able to ditch the XDCA both for power and ProRes RAW output is a big thing. Hoping to get another loaner camera from Sony, this time with the 16-35 cinema lens.
    I may have missed it, but which article of yours are you referring to? Could you please link to it as I would like to read about your first hand experience with the camera.

7. Collapse Details
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    Deleted - wrong thread, sorry.

10. Collapse Details
    Question on late model Sony small camera AKS, since I haven't been dealing with Sony for a while.

It looks like you could set the FX6 up for shoulder work with a handgrip extension and LCD loupe (and maybe a longer Sony notched rod to get LCD forward). I heard somebody type that the eyepiece from the FX9 should work on this LCD (my question is, does the FX6 LCD have the latches in the right places?)

And then, is that bayonet mount for the handgrip, is that a new thing for Sony? Will there need to be a new handgrip extension made by Sony or somebody else to get the stock grip out forward?

I have plenty of handheld AKS to make a small camera huge, including spidergrips and all that jazz. But I want this camera because it can be tiny and light, to build it out like my alexa mini would defeat the purpose.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast