Thread: Sony PXW-FX6

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sad that it doesn't have an EVF, not even an optional one with smart implementation. So no filiming in bright sunlight and for me unfortunately no upgrade path in the forseeable future.

But otherwise quite impressive features...

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the a7SIII IBIS feedback Abe. Like any automatic feature, we all want it to not look automatic. The Panasonic IBIS does not look contrived, it just looks like steady hand holding. The active steadyshot examples I have seen look good but they do have a bit of the "auto" feel. I have not studied the Canon enough to make a judgement (I will watch the video later). I don't want to run with the camera, just be able to hand hold portrait lengths if needed without thinking about it to much. Which I can do on the GH5. Cool times for cameras!

3. Collapse Details
    You can buy the fx9 loupe for it, annoying it doesn't come with it but still possible as its the exact same screen as fx9
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Ps can we ban headlines like this?

Attachment 141305

And their article reads like a frigging ad...
    In such bad taste...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    ... I don't know how Sony will do it. And I haven't kept up with how the iPhone is doing it these days. But at least with the iPhone XS, they don't seem to be doing HDR composites in video, just in stills, and that is likely because they are not doing DGO, but shooting two exposures one right after the other, and then combining them, which also has weird artifacts if something in the shot is moving quickly..
    They blend frames off multiple exposures. How many frames and what exposures is the "secret sauce".

6. Collapse Details
    Not to get off on a tangent. I was watching a iphone review that said that while Dolby HDR looks great it's worthless because it can only be viewed on HDR screens, meaning only your phone (which isn't too useful). I don't understand the mechanics of it but for some reason you can't import them into an editor to take advantage of the DR. I'm guessing the technology is used in the film industry and they don't want it in the hands of consumers, undermining the premium price they charge to the cinema industry.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Thanks for the a7SIII IBIS feedback Abe. Like any automatic feature, we all want it to not look automatic. The Panasonic IBIS does not look contrived, it just looks like steady hand holding. The active steadyshot examples I have seen look good but they do have a bit of the "auto" feel. I have not studied the Canon enough to make a judgement (I will watch the video later). I don't want to run with the camera, just be able to hand hold portrait lengths if needed without thinking about it to much. Which I can do on the GH5. Cool times for cameras!
    FWIW I actually like the active steadyshot (EIS) of the A7SIII (aside from the fact that it crops 10%) and most of what I've posted from the camera has used it. I think it feels natural. The comparison video shows the superiority of Panasonic but it's not a good indicator/comparison of how the cameras look when the operator attempts to be stable

8. Collapse Details
    Not aimed at anyone in particular... but any chance we can have the general FX6 launch discussion in just one thread, please. Maybe continue on the one linked below and let this one hibernate? Just an idea...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...a-Line-amp-FX6

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    They blend frames off multiple exposures. How many frames and what exposures is the "secret sauce".
    Got it. Wasn’t certain, with all these proprietary ways of saying similar things. Thanks!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Ps can we ban headlines like this?

Attachment 141305

And their article reads like a frigging ad...
    To be fair, that's your fault for going to NFS.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast