Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    BTW, are you recording ProRes?

If so, I suspect you're in HQ, and even though you're way below that 300MB/s note it might still be too much for the drive.

If you haven't tried yet, drop your flavor to 422 (or LT), and see what happens.

There's also this mentioned about those SSDminis:
    "Please follow the guide from Angelbird to perform secure erase on drive before each use."

2. Collapse Details
    Thank you. The dealer is engaged with this whole process though and they are being very helpful. One thing I am trying for the first time now is using 'Secure Erase Format' on the Ninja. Apparently using this with the SSD can help - it goes deeper than a regular format and can give more stability. I am now doing a 50P test record on that SSD and so far no skippy errors. Early days though. Thanks for your help.

3. Collapse Details
    After a long journey with this issue - my rig being checked out by the dealer and Atomos and the latter replacing my Ninja V - I seem to finally have a solution. It all seemed to be down to the need for a 'Secure Erase Format' of the SSD. That is a small check box by the format option on the Ninja. No-one had told me this was essential for stability. I had always just formatted on the Ninja without the secure version. Now I have done the latter I can finally do stable 4k 50P recordings without skippy errors. What a shlep and huge number of hours spent troubleshooting.

Thank you for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12