Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dji ronin rs2 gimbal
    I just bought the DJI RS2 GIMBAL for my pocket 6K. So far, I am really liking it. I made a few videos if you want to learn more:

DJI RS2 Overview, Highlights & Review:
    https://youtu.be/EecyMtaPDCE
    DJI RS2 GIMBAL PRO COMBO KIT UNBOXING:
    https://youtu.be/oIPlAwGdPK0
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    I'll release some test footage soon.
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

3. Collapse Details
    nice review - great job.

4. Collapse Details
    I ordered one right after seeing it announced. I like the build quality and it's much lighter than the original S. The axes locks and gearing to balance the tilt axis were much needed and are much appreciated.

So far, my biggest complaint, and I hope they fix this with firmware, is that I'm really disappointed in "Sport Mode". It is nowhere close to being aggressive enough compared to the original S. The original S was almost instantaneous with its responsiveness in Sport Mode. You could rip and throw that thing all around with really, really good accuracy and speed. Sport Mode on the S2 behaves like a normal gimbal set to its defaults: it's lagging behind what you want it to do.

5. Collapse Details
    I am jealous of all you S2 buyers but I am way too stingy to upgrade my S at this time.

That's weird about sport mode, Run&Gun. Could that be customizable in the app?

6. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know of a zoom rocker that you can use with the Ronin-S to control the DJI focus motor when you connect it to your zoom ring? I can do it with the focus wheel but it's hard to get a consistent speed with feathered start/stop to the zoom

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I am jealous of all you S2 buyers but I am way too stingy to upgrade my S at this time.

I run the “normal” profiles with zero dead-band and 100 speed/responsiveness and Sport Mode isn’t anymore noticeably responsive/aggressive to me(but is on the original). I’ll dig-in and see if maybe they have made parameters customizable for Sport Mode on the S2. Maybe they slipped a nice little surprise in there(but I doubt it).

Otherwise, it is a very nice gimbal.

And something else I did. So I wouldn’t have to steal the tripod/extended handle of the RS2 to use as the handle for the ‘briefcase handle’ attachment(which is DJI’s design/intention), I bought a rubberized handle with a 1/4-20 stud from Camvate to use just for that. Less than $13 from Amazon(same $ as B&H, but shipping is way quicker, now).

51cDno2PJWL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Collapse Details
    Is the motion/steadiness noticeably smoother/better than the original?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I run the “normal” profiles with zero dead-band and 100 speed/responsiveness and Sport Mode isn’t anymore noticeably responsive/aggressive to me(but is on the original). I’ll dig-in and see if maybe they have made parameters customizable for Sport Mode on the S2. Maybe they slipped a nice little surprise in there(but I doubt it).

And something else I did. So I wouldn’t have to steal the tripod/extended handle of the RS2 to use as the handle for the ‘briefcase handle’ attachment(which is DJI’s design/intention), I bought a rubberized handle with a 1/4-20 stud from Camvate to use just for that. Less than $13 from Amazon(same $ as B&H, but shipping is way quicker, now).

Reminds me of berkey systems stuff. Where are they during all of these DJI third party opportunities?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post

Is the motion/steadiness noticeably smoother/better than the original?
    Dove in a little bit and there does not appear to be any customization for Sport Mode. It works just like the original S, meaning it's an ON or OFF setting, only. And I misspoke, I can tell a difference between a normal mode with dead-band at 0 and the follow speed at 100, it's just that the Sport Mode on the RS2 is not aggressive/fast enough. I was (poorly) trying to say that I thought that the normal mode on the original set to 0 and 100 seems to be about the same as the Sport Mode on the new one. It probably all ties into their new algorithm and smoothness is the priority. Personally, I'd like to have the option for instantaneous responsiveness when I want it. But this is probably a fringe use case, compared to what people are using them for most of the time.

I'm going to try to take it outside and play around with it more this afternoon, but so far it at least feels nicer to use and is definitely easier to balance. Although the learning curve is a little steeper with this one, just because of the extra stuff, like the touch screen and RavenEye(which had no manual/documentation for about the first week).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast