1. Collapse Details
    Using a Century Extreme fisheye from an HVX200 on a HPX170
    Is there a way i could use my Century Extreme fisheye with bayonet mounts from my HVX200 on a HPX170?
    I know it would screw on without some sort of adapter but i'm clueless as to where i would start.

Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Collapse Details
    Do you have a link to the fisheye?

Think you can as I believe the thread size on the HPX170 is smaller than the HVX200. If so, you could use a step-down ring.

3. Collapse Details
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ....html/overview

Thats the fisheye I have. Thanks for trying to help me out here!!

4. Collapse Details
    You know...I wasn't sure what you exactly meant about a bayonet mount - but now that I see it, I don't think so.

It's designed specifically for the HVX200/A and it would take some sort of adapter (if it's out there) or DIYing.

With that said, because of its 15mm mounting availability, did you at least try mounting it up to the HPX170 lens (with rods) and zooming in a little...anything?

That thing is no joke!

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah if it was a standard screw on fisheye i think i could just order the step down ring and screw it right on but since its a bayonet mount the front mount portion outside the lense seem to be a different size between the HVX200 and the HPX170.
    Not sure if i can buy an adapter that would go on the camera or not.
    I've seen people with DSLR's and even Sony vx2100's using this lense (somehow...) so i'm hoping its possible but not the end of the world if it isn't.

6. Collapse Details
    I think the physics of the lens are the same, but you need to replace the bayonet mount for the proper camera.

I also think if you contact century they might still have old stock of the bayonet mount, or perhaps be able to service the lens for you even. I know they still have some back stock of parts they just aren't making any new ones.

I gave up trying to find an Xtreme and started shooting skateboarding with an fs5 and canon mount fisheye
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro