1. Collapse Details
    And The Winner Is? Golden Globes, Oscars
    What tragedy will the Foreign Press Association and Academy try to pull off this year? The vast majority of their income comes from these two shows, so they are compelled to put them on.

I don't care much about the awards shows, they are so pathetic these days (well, mostly the Oscars), but I find myself wondering what the brilliant minds will come up with. Hardly any movies were released to theaters and they can't get together; well, they could rent the LA Coliseum and distance themselves. That would be fun.

2. Collapse Details
    The funny thing is that Spielberg berated the Oscars administrators for including the Netflix productions as "films". Steven was being a little territorial in his zeal. Now, there are no theatrical releases to speak of. It's all streaming.

Of course, the TV networks will put something on but I wonder if the license fees would be as previously agreed upon. The networks, obviously, have long term broadcast contracts but could decide to punt if pressed too hard.

Regardless, the TV ratings are pretty sucky everywhere, live sports including. The award ceremonies are really made for streaming. No commercials, no time limits, three hours of the red carpet interviews. Because that's what most people are interested in anyway.

3. Collapse Details
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/nbcuniv...er-1234605350/

Layoffs at Comcast/NBC. They using a "redundancy" excuse.