Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    GPU acceleration is Windows only?... In any case I never upgrade until bugs are shaken out...
    On Windows they have added support for hardware accelerated decoding using discrete NVidia or AMD GPUs as well as supporting the hardware decoding in Intel processors. And if you have multiple hardware decoding engines in your system, you can choose which of these you want to use through the Media preferences:

On Mac OS, it looks like they only support hardware accelerated decoding built-in to Intel CPUs, but not dedicated NVidia or AMD graphics processors yet:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...m-requirements

So the same preferences screen on a Mac just has a single checkbox for "Enable hardware accelerated decoding" without an option to choose which hardware implementation to use.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    On Windows they have added support for hardware accelerated decoding using discrete NVidia or AMD GPUs as well as supporting the hardware decoding in Intel processors. And if you have multiple hardware decoding engines in your system, you can choose which of these you want to use through the Media preferences:

On Mac OS, it looks like they only support hardware accelerated decoding built-in to Intel CPUs, but not dedicated NVidia or AMD graphics processors yet:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...m-requirements

So the same preferences screen on a Mac just has a single checkbox for "Enable hardware accelerated decoding" without an option to choose which hardware implementation to use.
    I have a 2017 Imac 5K with Radeon Pro 570 so according to requirements my system is supported...

3. Collapse Details
    It upgraded nicely, but photoshop gained some nice features too - sky replacement being my favourite so far.

4. Collapse Details
    I am using Premiere, no problem, no crushing..on 6 years old i7 laptop.. h264, braw..anything..

I like the ideo of switching to Resolve, but I have on the same footage preview on 10 frames/s..

And I use integration with AE a lot.. something I can not do with Resolve..

5. Collapse Details
    Switched from Premiere to Resolve full time almost 2 years ago. Editing now 40-50 hours per week in Resolve. Both NLE's are great programs, but I love the fact that there's no dynamic linking necessary in Resolve. That one thing alone helps me cut through edits so much faster than I can in Premiere. No having to open up audition, no need to open up after effects. Resolve isn't perfect software, I wish the playback and caching of Fusion projects was a heck of a lot better in the edit timeline, but you see where it is, and you know it's only going to get better. Oh.....and that no $50 a month subscription thing.......that's pretty nice too!

6. Collapse Details
    If you just use Premiere in your work I don't think changing editors would be a terribly big deal. When you rely heavily on multiple Adobe applications it's a different story. Premiere/After Effects/Photoshop/Media Encoder is a very hard combination to beat.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Adobe Premiere was already supporting Intel's QuickSync. I'll download the latest update and see what's new with the GPU acceleration.

8. Collapse Details
    I've been using both Premiere and Resolve for the past year or so (Premiere exclusively for the previous 8 years).

There are a number of reasons why I can't completely get rid of Premiere:
    - Clients who request Premiere projects because they have in-house editors who want access moving forward.
    - Many years worth of Premiere projects that need to be revisited for important clients.
    - Some features just work better (render/cache timeline - I hate the way Resolve handles this. You can't just select an in and out point and then render. Large multi-cam, etc.)

That said, I hate Premiere's stability (or lack thereof), and I really really really want my editor to have full time access to Resolve's color tab without any roundtripping. This is really the main reason why I want to migrate to Resolve as soon as I can. I'm just not able yet.

That said, I'm trying to do projects in Resolve as often as I can to force myself to improve at it, and to better uncover its strengths and limitations as an editor.

9. Collapse Details
    Speech to text looks promising. Tired of sending out projects to caption companies for .srts so I hope this is implemented well...

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Speech to text looks promising. Tired of sending out projects to caption companies for .srts so I hope this is implemented well...
    What service do you use? If you pay for enough transcripts then the monthly PP subscription could definitely be worth it.

I use rev but add all transcription service fees to the invoice. As a client I'd be fine paying an editor for transcripts but wouldn't want to see a line item for part of an adobe subscription...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast