1. Collapse Details
    ND solutions for Panasonic S1H
    Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I wanted to pick the brains of S1H users on here.

What are you using for your ND solution on the S1H? Obviously there are the standard options, screw on ND's for the front of lenses. Matte box and high end filters, etc.

But is anyone using any of the L mount to EF mount adapters that have a built in ND? I know Fotodiox makes their adapter with a built in Vari-ND and the results are mixed in terms of how great it is.

I've also seen some small ND filters that fit into the MC-21 adapter and those are what have really interested me. Example here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxqaYMphk6/

Unfortunately those look to have been a kickstarter campaign and there are some dramatically different experiences that people had with that. Some got their filters, lots didn't.

Those filters do appear available on ebay at the moment, from what looks like the same company. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aurora-Adap...r=432860136152

Has anyone found any other solutions that are working well for them? I'd love something that doesn't require swapping filters out in front.

2. Collapse Details
    Behind lens filtering produces a focus shift of about 1/3 the thickness of the filter.
    Just something to think about.

3. Collapse Details
    I use B+W Vario NDs they have a short range of 1-5 stops but they are extremely color accurate. I then add a irND screwd in infront to do the big ND down so on a very bright day the vario + a 1.5 on a grey winter day The vario + 0.6 etc. I use the variable Nd as a „dimmer“ and let the screwed on do the heavy lifting

QUOTE=David W. Jones;1986845761]Behind lens filtering produces a focus shift of about 1/3 the thickness of the filter.
    Just something to think about.[/QUOTE]

4. Collapse Details
    As David mentioned, there's a number of complications that aftermarket behind-the-lens filtration introduces.

The best solution for fast filtration on stills lenses (if you don't want to deal with the optical issues of variable NDs), is magnetic quick-mounting systems. I've gone with the Manfrotto "Xume" adapters for my stills cameras, and they're brilliant (if pricey).

The key is to get the largest filter size you'll need (I went with a full set of Formatt Firecrest NDs in 82mm), and then adapt all of your lens up to that common filter thread size.

In my case, for my Fujifilms, I have 72mm and 77mm threaded lenses, and I adapted all of them to 82mm, and have mounted 82mm Xume magnetic receivers to each of them. I've then added Xume adapters to all nine of my 82mm NDs, as well as to some metal, screw-in lens caps (that I bought for a few bucks each from eBay). This means each lens now has a permanent, magnetic lens cap fitted to it. And I can simply pull off the lens cap and switch in an ND in seconds.

It's a huge time-saver.

5. Collapse Details
    Step up rings to all matching 82mm

Manfrotto Xume Adapters 82mm

82mm VND filters (SLR Magic, or Aurora Aperture Power XND II which offers up to 11 stops and is needed for outdoor shallow DOF on the FF sensor): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...nd32_2000.html

Xume doesn’t sell a magnetic 82mm lens cap but you can easily make your own with a metal filter stack end piece and their 82mm filter adapter