Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
  1. Collapse Details
    Only if they can bring the performance. An S5 or upcoming A7 whatever will be competition at $2,000. Given that it has taken this long, I have kind of let go of the dream so to speak. Imho, they needed to have this camera out when the R6/A7sIII were released but they were probably not "allowed".

2. Collapse Details
    A7IV is supposed to be at around $2,500 but that's an older rumor and who knows what will happen in between now and the actual shipping date. To me, it sounded fairly reasonable - ~ 32 MPX sensor, with the supersampled 4K. But the pixel race is now back on, so specs are going to depend on the state of the market.

Once I began to understand more about the general photo/video market, I realized that the technology is compressing everything down. And that was way before a $6,000 medium format 102 MPX Fuji GFX100s (with a quality auto focus to boot) in the market where a 100 MPX unit ran close to $50,000. Or the $10,000 BMD Ursa Mini Pro 12K at the time when there was only one 8K for the pro use and that was a $60,000 Red Monstro.

And then you realize that there are smartphones with periscopic zooms and 100 MPX sensors and liquid lens and all sorts of stuff. And you wonder why it hadn't come to the stand alone cameras.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142