Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I forget what director said "if I see a gun in a film I immediately turn it off." Not that i turn it off - but if I start seeing a ton of guns in the first 5 minutes of a film - I will often think of that quote - so The Boys I'll probably pass.
    Yeah - not sure why my film gotten took down. It was the last film I made. It was a road film of a private investigator from NYC looking for an elderly Korean man who went missing in Vienna. The old man's son is a big shot in the Korean mob in NYC.
    I hear Amazon is taking down indy films as they want to start looking more slick like Netflix - I guess we can't get enuf of docs on Ted Bundy. I know I can't. Have you seen the one with Ted's grandma reminiscing of young Ted as she made him oatmeal while Ted gutted the neighbor's dog? Gorgeous photography.

2. Collapse Details
    Very sad indeed, but not surprising. Amazon had lots of indie sellers at first but as it evolved it slowly raised cost to indie sellers and throttled many categories. And in many cases started selling its own versions of popular products.

3. Collapse Details
    My film got taken down but the distributor raised a stink and Amazon reversed their decision the next day, saying it was an error.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    My film got taken down but the distributor raised a stink and Amazon reversed their decision the next day, saying it was an error.
    It wasn't an error, they were just sorry they got caught.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

5. Collapse Details
    'My film got taken down but the distributor raised a stink and Amazon reversed their decision the next day, saying it was an error.'

Hmmmmmm........

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    It wasn't an error, they were just sorry they got caught.
    Yeah, the distributor has some leverage as they have hundreds of films on the site, and many of them got pulled on the same day, so they were able to successfully make a case. A single filmmaker probably would have a much harder go of it.

I have been told though that Amazon is going to shunt a lot of that 'lower caliber' stuff to IMDB TV which they just purchased and are starting up, and make Primevideo more exclusive.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

7. Collapse Details
    I wish we would see a revival of dvds especially for indie films. I do know a few horror filmmakers (as of 2 years ago)that recoup their Micro budget cost by selling dvds at various conventions along with some amazon sales ( hopefully their films are still available).Not sure how anything will work going forward. Patreon and modest sales may become the norm for many truly Independent filmmakers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12