Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Has anyone had one of their films removed on Amazon recently?
    Has anyone had a title on Amazon removed recently? I had an indy feature film removed recently for "During a quality assurance review, we found that 'my film' performed poorly against standard measures of engagement and failed to meet customer expectations on quality. We are always listening to customer signals (completion rates, star ratings, hours, etc.) and iterating on their behalf. As a result, all offers for your title have been removed and may not be made available as “Included with Prime” or to Buy/Rent on Amazon.
    We will not be accepting resubmission of the impacted title. Note that republishing any film that has been removed is prohibited; doing so may result in your account being suspended. Prime Video Direct has always had a policy of reviewing content performance and customer engagement."
    Curious if this has happened to anyone else?
    Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Well... I missed this bit of news - thanks Amazon.

https://thenextweb.com/creativity/20...e-video-great/

3. Collapse Details
    I call bull, Amazon has tons of movies & TV shows that are merely poor VHS transfers, and it's been that way for years, they don't care one bit about quality and the customers viewing experience.

I think they currently have 3 or 4 versions of the Abbot & Costello Jack & the Beanstalk movie, and they all look and sound like crap. They include the pan & scan version of widescreen movies with Prime, and charge you full price to see the widescreen version in its native aspect ratio. They also jumble the gallery image, release date, and description of remakes with the original movie, so you never really know what you're going to get until you start the movie. I don't believe that there's any vetting process, as they allow movies mixed with inaudible dialog and defining sound effects; again, it's been this way for years.

4. Collapse Details
    The message you got is a monopolists message. What do they do in return for you? Marketing? Pay good money?

This made me laugh: 'There’s currently a petition on Change.org to tell Amazon that you want independent cinema back on Prime Video. '

Using amazon seems like only making a monopolist richer.

I'd find a competitor to upload my films.

5. Collapse Details
    I recommend Vimeo pro if you want control over your media distribution and pricing, but promotion is all up to you. It will imbed your trailers on YouTube and social media sites to help with marketing. No need to upload to every site.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    This is all poo pooed up.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey Imamacuser - yeah 'i call bull' too. The film they took down of mine had a scene of male frontal nudity and I think it was just too crass for their refined sensibilities.
    Will check out the 'vimeo pro' Razz and see if it's all 'poo poooed up.' Thanks for suggestions.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin baggott View Post
    Hey Imamacuser - yeah 'i call bull' too. The film they took down of mine had a scene of male frontal nudity and I think it was just too crass for their refined sensibilities.
    Will check out the 'vimeo pro' Razz and see if it's all 'poo poooed up.' Thanks for suggestions.
    Vimeo is probably fine, I was referring to the Amazon censorship. "The Boys" is one of the more gruesome things I've watched in my life, so why are they worried about some independent films?

Also, I meant "f@cked up" but knew that DVX would censor me. I felt it would land in a nice ironic way, but I may have offended someone's sensibilities, despite it being censored. Ah well. ymmv, ymmv. tbd, tbd. imho, imho. idk, idk.
    Last edited by James0b57; 10-17-2020 at 08:56 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Hey James,
    Don't know 'the boys.'
    Gotcha about being censored here.
    Peace.
    Kev

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin baggott View Post
    Hey James,
    Don't know 'the boys.'
    Gotcha about being censored here.
    Peace.
    Kev
    Well if you love to hate every single main character in a film, and love seeing people die in Fawk'dup ways, then you will love "The Boys" on Amazon Prime. Or perhaps you need to see more films from the mind of Woody Allen, the guy that married his daughter. OR you want to watch Captain Kirk charisma his way through the universe.... basically Amazon Prime.... not the poster child for conservative or woke content, yet they sure seem to hate independent content. I wonder why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast